is the beacon dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the beacon dead

is the beacon dead:hmm:any comments about it? i think its a good thing over all!. we had a lot of time & fun pod surfing, but now i hope we can get some good squad play back in the game..

I think it's ridiculous that guys are whining about not being able to get on roofs like it's the end of the world. I guess that's the only way they could get kills i guess.

I think roofing is annoying. What if i had a hack that would allow me to run thru building walls so i can heal myself if i got hit and the hack only allowed me to die from sniper riffles and PK rockets. Would that be annoying and frustrating to other players?

Comment

The beacon was intended to have a seperate spawn incase of SL death, roofing was just a side effect, and surfing was fricken ridiculous. It's still the most useful item an SL can have.

Comment

Originally posted by so1id sn@ke View Post
        The beacon was intended to have a seperate spawn incase of SL death, roofing was just a side effect, and surfing was fricken ridiculous. It's still the most useful item an SL can have.
        agreed.
        nuff said.

Comment

the beacon pods are just perfect although those from the transports may be edited because you can't move for crap ^^

Comment

pod surfing was an unintended side affect of the beacon. A good squad leader will still use the beacon effectively. It is a mobile spawn point to allow troops to enter a hot area quickly, not a free ride anywhere on the map.

Comment

Yes and No. Now you can get spawned out of bounds really easily, which means that you can't place it near walls, and you have no movement which makes you toast if someone is camping your beacon. However, it is still a very useful tool when placed properly

Comment

what fingulfin said.
                transport pods should be pre 1.4 style, never seen anyone podsurf on those.
                SL beacons... i'd prefer movement, just within a 20 radius or something. sure roofcampers are t3h sux, but its really easy to get podcamped now. a smart podcamper could rack up 12 kills (6 squad members, each spawns twice to realise they've been camped) before moving on, which is a lot on conquest.

Comment

How is your beacon meant to survive when you cant move away from it while podding down? Simple it cant! People see yuo land and come over to get your beacon, so basically you can use it once before it gets destroyed.

Comment

I got to admit that i miss surfing a bit. It came in handy in titan mode when attacking the enemy titan. It's easy to camp the beacons with APMs now. Before i would surf a bit to get to the lower deck, but not anymore

Comment

How can 'no' be ahead in the poll, of course it's dead. Many SL's don't even bother bringing it along anymore, and those that do and deploy them are usually destroyed first time they're used.

Comment

*sigh*

It's not dead because surfing was never intended to be in the game in the first place.

If you want to use it well, place it off to the side, where people don't look. If you place it well, it might last half/three quarters of a round.

One beacon was never intended to last a whole round anyway, that would be unfair for defenders, that's why we have an item that can identify beacon locations (pulse scanner).

Hell, you can deploy another right after one gets destroyed anyway.

Comment

I'm pretty good at placing my beacons. Putting them on top of high crates help. Specially in Tunis

Comment

if someone camps the beacon, simply don't spawn on it and use another location. I also notify teammates not to use the beacon if someone is camping it. Spawn somewhere else and go kill the beacon camper, case solved. I never used the beacon to pod surf and it is always equipped in my loadout. There are times to use and times to not use it. If you have a beacon down all the time if tends to fracture your squad as they cant spawn directly on you. I really think that you guys miss the free ride not the actual tactical use of the beacon. If that's the case then you were never really teamplayers to begin with, just solo artists looking for the easy way out.

Comment

... pulse scanners can detect beacons too?
                              my you learn something new every day, even if the game's ancient =D

Comment

Working...
                              X