No announcement yet.

Awaiting server connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive been having issues for 2 days waiting for master server.i just found the fix.power cycle modem and router ,,ie reset unplug both for a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyruben View Post
      Usually this problem occours when the master server is "overloaded" and need more than 10 (default setting on your CoD4 installation) connection attemps to connect, wich you need to do if you want to play on a Ranked Server.
      And that you solve with one of the metods mentioned above.

1. Type /seta cl_connectionAttempts "30" . To verifie that the change have been made, start to type "cl_conn..." to see if the console gives you a proposal to the command cl_connectionAttempts with the value "30" and not "10".
      Notice that you dont have to pick the value 30 (usually is enough though). But it sometimes need more attempts to connect then 30. Or it could be something else that is wrong. The higher amount of maximum connection attempts the longer you have to wait, if you after all cant connect to the server.
      2. Like the post above states, directly add the command to the config_mp.cfg file located in the [Call of duty 4 directory]/players/profiles/[Your profile name]/config_mp.cfg . Please note that if you take this "Shortcut" and add the wrong command or change something by misstake your Installation of CoD4 might not work atall.

If the above change doesnt help, try manually updating PunkBuster with pbsetup.exe or open slots 28960 and 29960 in your router/firewall.

Hope this guide helps so all of you can experience the fun of Call of Duty 4 multiplayer.
      AT what point do I type that in? at the server list or when Im trying to join a server?
      and just so I got it right its: /seta cl_connectionattempts "30" Is that right?

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny View Post
        AT what point do I type that in? at the server list or when Im trying to join a server?
        and just so I got it right its: /seta cl_connectionattempts "30" Is that right?

Thank you for your help.
        If you're not in a game, press "`" (next to number 1) and type:

Code:
        seta cl_connectionAttempts "30"
        This will try 30 times instead of stopping at 10 times.

Comment

this is getting a joke, server after server timing out...

Comment

Originally posted by Dragbag View Post
            this is getting a joke, server after server timing out...
            If you have updated PB, and entered the "connectionattempts" command in your config file and still getting errors, it's something to do with your PC/ something is blocking your connection (most people are not having this problem).

Other things to try if you haven't already:

- Be sure to kill any anti-virus program running in the background
            - if you have a router, try to reset it or turn it off completely and then on again
            - if you're behind a firewall, try turning it off temporarily and then trying to connect

Comment

Working...
            X