No announcement yet.

sniper tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hold the breath for a while too before the shot, and if i aim for the head, sometimes it misses completly, sometimes i get torso shot and sometimes i get headshot...

So there is definetly something wrong with the guns...

Besides if this would come from one dude only, then you could think that the guy is just sh1tty shooter. But this much of players saying that there is something wrong...

Comment

Lol you snipers. Well I kind of figured it out. I dont usually snipe im happier with the RPD machine gun but I was out of ammo and I happened to stab some guy with a barret so i grabbed it. The way i shot was i would hold my breath, but instead of firing right away when I pressed shift I would hold my cross hairs on the guy until i was just about to exhail (I think the scope needs to kinda steady itself). So it turned I got a kill practically every time I did that with the Draganov. Maybe I was lucky i dont know somebody try it and let me know if it works.

Comment

I head shot some one this morning an it missed by a mile an yet 2 seconds later i got shot in the knee cap with a pistol an went down in one, i wouldnt mind id put it down to lag or some such but watchin the kill cam footage i was right, straight in the knee one bullet i wasnt injured or anything an it was the berretta for good sake

Comment

Originally posted by Liberator29 View Post
          Lol you snipers. Well I kind of figured it out. I dont usually snipe im happier with the RPD machine gun but I was out of ammo and I happened to stab some guy with a barret so i grabbed it. The way i shot was i would hold my breath, but instead of firing right away when I pressed shift I would hold my cross hairs on the guy until i was just about to exhail (I think the scope needs to kinda steady itself). So it turned I got a kill practically every time I did that with the Draganov. Maybe I was lucky i dont know somebody try it and let me know if it works.
          You picked up a Barret and got kills with a Dragunov? GG man.

I find holding you're breath for a damn long time and going prone makes things very accurate. And if you ever move your aim, give it a second before firing, when you turn in this game, and many others, the gun leads your sights. I wouldn't doubt that even though this is a scope and you technically are looking exactly down the barrel that the gun still leads like all the others.

Comment

I made a demo of some hitreg problems.
            How do i view it? lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
              You picked up a Barret and got kills with a Dragunov? GG man.

I find holding you're breath for a damn long time and going prone makes things very accurate. And if you ever move your aim, give it a second before firing, when you turn in this game, and many others, the gun leads your sights. I wouldn't doubt that even though this is a scope and you technically are looking exactly down the barrel that the gun still leads like all the others.
              i was comparing both weapons. I tried the SVD in later rounds to see if that technique worked on a diff rifle. Plus i practically siad the same thing.

Comment

The semi's hit more often... try a bolt

Comment

You know i will do that. But if a bolt doesnt work why bother using it? I would just go to a semi better for the tight playing fields on multi.

Comment

Why I stopped sniping until it's fixed? G3 sniping... use overkill to get the ghillie, and then just own it up

You even get to use the silencer, and with hardcore mode, it's as if you were using the UAV jammer to begin with.

Comment

I hold my breath before I stick my head in the opening, I'll be ready to shoot once I see someone.

Comment

I got fed up with it in the small maps and stuck with an MP5 now i have the M14 and thats like a sniper in a bunch of ways for me. It's my "anti-sniper-sniper rifle"

Comment

i can hit someone if theyre standing still, but i can not for the life of me hit someone whos moving with a sniper rifle. It drives me utterly insane!

Comment

Originally posted by kr1kit
                            i can hit someone if theyre standing still, but i can not for the life of me hit someone whos moving with a sniper rifle. It drives me utterly insane!
                            There is bullet lag in this game, meaning unlike CS where you shoot and the bullets hits instantly, the bullet actually has a speed so the farther away your target the more you have to shoot ahead of them so that they meet the bullet.

Comment

Yes, but it even does it on stationary targets.
                              I have footage, once I get the demos working :/

Comment

Get the R700. That's my best advice, it really changes sniping. Accurate, and so powerful that 1 hit w/ stopping power is always a kill.

Comment

Working...
                                X