Comparison to CSS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison to CSS?

Ok guys this is my final question before i go and buy this. I played CSS for years in a clan and i LOVED the game, i still do but how does CoD4 compare? It has the same style, shoot through walls, no medics and a range of guns.

I know in some ways its completely different but how does this game compare to CSS gameplay, because if its like it i am sure to love the game.

Well there is a massive range of guns, around 30 or so, each one is customizable , from being able to apply laser dots - silencers - grenade launchers etc and each gun you can changed the camo on it, from keeping it as it looks - to applying desert camo - or woodland cammo etc.

You could say it is slightly similar to CS due to the speed of the game, it is a lot quicker than BF, and yea you can shoot through walls, but you have to use the 'Deep Impact' perk, and tbh the only guns that still go through (and do decent damage) is the LMG's. But being able to shoot through walls is realistic. It's not like CS were you can shoot through a 6 foot wall and still kill people lol.

There is no medics like in CS, but your health slowly regenerated on this game anyway (which i prefer than having medics, because at least you know there ain't going to be no noobs who just ignore you lol). You don't necessarily have that much ammo to start with, but there is a perk 'Bandalier' which basically doubles your starting ammo, as good as it is, it's not really that important as you can just pick up one of the many guns lying around lol.

I have played CS a little bit, and i think CoD is way better.

Comment

Yea because if its like CSS then im going to get it as i played that game for hours, and the mod servers like in CSS attract me mor, even though they are unranked.

Im going to buy it tonight off steam, will be playing it by the morning (my morning :P)

Anymore opinions on the matter?

Comment

Nah i think it's all covered

Comment

So anymore comparisons from long time CSS players?

Comment

I prefer to compare it to BF2, except no tanks coming to mow you down, just fast, frantic infantry based action

Comment

In my opinion ... there is no comparison, I agree with the above, it's better off compared to BF2.

Comment

No, you can shoot through walls but it loses speed, use deep impact is like using AP rounds instead of say, FMJ.

But get it, if you liked CSS then you'll love this, they got nothing in common but this is way better, also the maps load in 5 seconds for me.

Comment

You're going to love it. This is quite a shooter.

Oh, I gotta give some love to the knife, too! I love that little guy... :yay:

Comment

I think COD MP is more similar to CS than BF2. Especially mode with bomb.

Comment

well here it goes, STEAM FTW!

Comment

hmm if this game has similarities to css then i might be interested...

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                          You're going to love it. This is quite a shooter.

Oh, I gotta give some love to the knife, too! I love that little guy... :yay:
                          Yeah and the knife is actually accurate, unlike BF2's butter knife.

Comment

theres as much (or more) action as in css. The biggest diffrence in my opinion is that the hitboxes arent retarded like in css. when you shoot at something, you can actually hit it.

Comment

I liken the overall feel of this game more to DoD than CSS (not counting weapon choice).

Comment

Working...
                              X