im ditching this ****y game unless someone can help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im ditching this ****y game unless someone can help me

i bought the game thinking i could play it normaly with wildblue satalite and when i jion a game it freeze frames so either this is a ****y game or its a ****y game there is no reason i can play warrock but not bf2 i like single player and i cant afford any other internets niether can i get any i live in the boonies and and i can barley afford the game so if i cant find help im droping this game

Post your system specs.
    Processor(s):
    Type of Processor:
    Speed of Processor(s):
    Operating System:
    Amount of Total RAM:
    Amount of Free RAM:
    Speed of RAM:
    Type of RAM DDR/DDR2:
    Speed of Hard Drives:
    Size of Hard Drives:
    Free Space:
    Size of Montitor:
    Graphics Card Manufacturer:
    Graphics Card Version(8800GT,etc.):
    Amount of Graphics RAM:
    Graphics Driver Verison:

Comment

Processor(s):2
      Type of Processor: intel core 2
      Speed of Processor(s):1.83mhz
      Operating System:windows media ceter eddition
      Amount of Total RAM:2043mb
      Amount of Free RAM:1999mb
      Speed of RAM:dunno
      Type of RAM DDR/DDR2:SD RAM i think
      Speed of Hard Drives:dunno
      Size of Hard Drives:350gb
      Free Space:325gb
      Size of Montitor:19" hd plasma screen
      Graphics Card Manufacturer:nvidia
      Graphics Card Version(8800GT,etc.):gefoce 7300le with turbo cache
      Amount of Graphics RAM:64 i think
      Graphics Driver Verison:dunno

im at my moms house so i cant give you the full specs of my comp

Comment

under the game options, do you have your connect set to 'cable' ?
        also manually update your punkbuster with the 'pbsetup' program from evenbalance.com
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

i have my internet settings uder t1/LAN and i have manualy updated punk buster

Comment

set the connect on 'cable', lan will lag you out if your not on a lan.
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

7300 is a pretty horrible card, but it what is the problem? constantly getting connection problems or what?

Comment

i tryed your cable theory and it helpped alot but the lag didnt go away i cant fire my weapon chat or do any thing but hop skip and jump

no its not my graphics card single player works fine but i bought the game for its multi player aspects and i keep getting "theres a problem with you connection."

ive tryed every thing there is and i still cant get it to work im at my house now heres my full sys specs:

intel core 2 duo E6300-ual core 64bit processor with intel em64t technology-each core operates at 1.86ghz, 2mb l2 cache 1066mhz FSB

NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE with tubo cache- up to 256mb shared video memory

320gb sata II hard drive

2048mb ddr2 memory

10/100 mbps ethernet LAN networking card

windows xp media center eddition OS

Comment

in case you needed more reinforcement here...the 7300 blows. low settings ftw.

Comment

youguys thinks its my vid card its not my vid card is fine i can play single player fine and local games fine just not other peoples servers i want to figure this problem out so plz provid3e serios answers AND STOP SPAMMING!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kicker1niner View Post
                      i have my internet settings uder t1/LAN and i have manualy updated punk buster
                      Having your network preferences set to OC48 wouldn't change sh*t if you're on a satellite connection.

Do you realize how horrid they are for online games? You're probably pinging in the 600's! It's no wonder you can't play properly dude.

Before you even think it, NO, BF2 is NOT at fault here.

i tryed your cable theory and it helpped alot but the lag didnt go away i cant fire my weapon chat or do any thing but hop skip and jump

no its not my graphics card single player works fine but i bought the game for its multi player aspects and i keep getting "theres a problem with you connection."
                      You can't play online games on a satellite internet connection. You keep getting "There's a problem with your connection" because your ping is literally through the roof.

There's nothing wrong with your computer. I suggest joining us in civilization...

Comment

That GFX card is way under the BF2 requirements also.

Also, you might want to read the system requirements before you buy another game, ie BF2 requires atleast a 128kbps broadband connection not a stone age connection lol

Comment

It's not so much his downstream and upstream that causes problems as much as it's the actual signal having to travel from his modem to a satellite: do you have any idea how much additional latency this creates?

When I was in Iqaluit for 10 months, I could NOT play this game online at all. AT ALL.

Comment

youguys thinks its my vid card its not my vid card is fine i can play single player fine and local games fine just not other peoples servers i want to figure this problem out so plz provid3e serios answers AND STOP SPAMMING!!!!!!!!!!
                            Dude, that card stinks, that is your prob. if you dont think so, then i guess you have a right , but why ask for help if you dont want to hear the prob??

oh & i never did see what kinda internet you were saying you had?? is it wireless?? try to be clear plz.

Comment

Whoa. Thar be lots o' flaming going on here. 'Tis not good.

Originally posted by JustMe0171
                              oh & i never did see what kinda internet you were saying you had?? is it wireless?? try to be clear plz.
                              He's on a satellite connection (eg. from modem to a satellite then back to the Earth).

Comment

Working...
                              X