No announcement yet.

Help,insane Multiplayer lag..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8800GTS should be fine, I have 2 8800gts 640mb in sli, I average 80-100fps. Something is wrong if 8800gts only manages 5-10fps. Sorry i can't help.

Comment

Make sure you have the latest drivers also, you do have the extra adapter from your PSU inserted into the gfx card.

Comment

Has that something with to do with the internett?

Comment

Originally posted by expis
          hey guys..when I launch cod4 sp it works fine no lag on max settings BUT when i launch multiplayer then huge lag goes even on the meniu screen and when i enter a server the lag just gets worse it shows only 5-10 fps then (on sp max shows 50-60 fps),pls help me with this problem couse ive waited for 3 months to try cod4 multiplayer and now this....
          I was having this exact same problem. Call of Duty(R) 4 - Mulitplayer Warfare(TM) Mulitplayer was not on my Windows Firewall Exceptions list - only the demo was. Once I added Multiplayer to the exception list it now works great - no lag. This might be your problem...

Instructions for accomplishing above: start, all programs, accessories, system tools, security center. Click on Windows Firewall, click Exceptions tab, click Add Program, find Call of Duty(R)4 - Modern Warfare(TM) Mulitplayer, highlight and click ok.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I finally found the solution..those who have insane lag turn ON the Dual Video Cards option in grapics options..This worked for me hope this helps u either..GL playing!

Comment

^what if you don't have dual cards? I thought that was just for sli?

Comment

that option is for dual cards but then how come my single ati 2900xt become dual 2900xt? it doesnt matter if u have dual or no dual just turn it on..

Comment

Originally posted by Firefrog
                  This happens even in the menus, and when playing on my own in a LAN server, would doubt its anything to do with my net connection.
                  Connection has absolutely zero impact on your FPS.

Comment

This works!

Originally posted by expis View Post
                    I finally found the solution..those who have insane lag turn ON the Dual Video Cards option in grapics options..This worked for me hope this helps u either..GL playing!
                    I have registered to this board to say that this works.
                    I have:
                    1 x EVGA GTS8800 320Megs
                    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
                    2 Gigs ram
                    Win XP Pro SP2 DirectX9C November 2007
                    Latest Nvidia Beta Drivers 169.09 at this time

Framerate was 68-90 in single mode
                    Before the change, Framerate was 1-30 in multi mode, lagged like hell!
                    all settings were at minimum 640x480 etc..etc..

After the change, Framerate is 68-90 in multimode, smooth as can be.
                    all settings are maxed out at 1600x1050

So thank you very much, I had been triing to find this for 1 week now and I could not figure it out. AND I probably would have never tried to set the card at DUAL since (for now) I have only one.

Thank you, your post has helped.

GoSoft

Comment

I also had low fps, i tried everything I even rma's my gfx card (8800gtx), turned out I had to downgrade my pc bios, i'm running an sus crosshair am2 mobo with 0904 bios, had to drop it down to 0802 bios took me 5 days to figure it out though...lol

Comment

Working...
                      X