Help,insane Multiplayer lag..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help,insane Multiplayer lag..

hey guys..when I launch cod4 sp it works fine no lag on max settings BUT when i launch multiplayer then huge lag goes even on the meniu screen and when i enter a server the lag just gets worse it shows only 5-10 fps then (on sp max shows 50-60 fps),pls help me with this problem couse ive waited for 3 months to try cod4 multiplayer and now this....

I get exactly the same thing, the single player runs like a dream on full detail, as soon as I launch the multiplayer though it jerks and lags, on the menus and in the game, even with the graphics set to absolute minimum.

Comment

what video card are u running? if thats 2900xt than i think with the new driver release the problem will solve

Comment

Nope, running a 320mb 8800GTS

Comment

Are you running behind a firewall? If so open the desired ports for the game

Comment

Same problem here, how do I open the desired ports?
            Im not very good with pc so descrieb minutely

Comment

Originally posted by Trevortt
              Are you running behind a firewall? If so open the desired ports for the game
              This happens even in the menus, and when playing on my own in a LAN server, would doubt its anything to do with my net connection.

Comment

Nearly any game on multiplayer reduces the performance.
                I am not sure if the 8800GTS will bog down to 5 -10 FPS.

But its true, online gaming reduces the performance FPS wise. Try to turn down the resolution.

Comment

This has nothing to do with the reolution, I took all on low, nothing better then...

Comment

Then good luck,
                    cos I have run out of ideas

Comment

i see that these lag happens only on newer video cards,like 8800gts or 2900xt..

Comment

I cant understand thats this problem has something with the videocard to do.
                        The game runs fine singleplayer

Comment

Same problem, 8800 GTS and unbelievable lag at MP.

But I also have connecting problems with servers..I did just have a server without lag. So I don't think its the cards or my computers fault.

Comment

I think its somthing with internett, because my ping change from 60 to 200 very fast..

Comment

My ping stays at 30, almost never going higher then that.

Comment

Working...
                              X