How would you rate BF2's Graphics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How would you rate BF2's Graphics?

When it was released pretty much no one could play it smootly on highest settings. The graphics engine isn't the most advanced, but considering the maps are huge they just couldn't push in too much scenery.

No wait, I just came to think of Songhua Stalemate. That map has a crapload of trees.

I personally think BF2/2142 has pretty graphics, especially 2142 with all the shiny guns <3

Comment

Originally posted by TooFarAway View Post
      this game looks horrible! the textures suck, polygons suck. the game should have 100 times more foliage, bushes, rocks and greenery than it does now.
      ohh yeah, theres no grass!!

i cant believe the poll results.
      You can't compare a game that was made 4 years ago to ones now, specially graphics.

For it's time, BF2's graphics were above average, well above average.

Comment

I play on all high settings with 4x anti aliasing, on a 30 inch Apple HD cinema display, and it looks flawless. Nice and crisp edges, well defined, though I suppose the fog could be fixed a bit, draw distances are'nt amazing but for its time it was legendary.

Note - I could play on 8x Anti Aliasing, but since my monitor has such a high resolution [2560x1600] i bumped it down to four to avoid some studdering. Im running on dual BFG GeForce 8800 GTS's in SLI [Both 320 MB]

Comment

Originally posted by [IS]FallenMorgan View Post
          The graphics to me are outdated.
          No sh*t, sherlock. It's an old game.
          But the engine's Battlerecorder is still the best one out there.

Originally posted by [IS]FallenMorgan
          Well BF2142 was released in 2006, around the same time there were things about Crysis and FFOW and whatnot. EA is a big company, they could've licensed any engine.
          Nice examples you have there.:laugh:
          Crysis mp and FFOW are complete failures and textbook examples on what a good mp game should NOT be!
          BF2 still have more players online than all other games released that year(2005)!
          Many companies have tried to copy the BF series, online fps hw and inf game, but they have all failed totally.

Game stats this moment in time:
          4. Battlefield 2: 14970 players
          6. Battlefield 2142: 4778 players
          32. Crysis: 542 players
          35. BF 2 Demo: 431 players
          Crysis barely have more players than the BF2 demo!

Still think EA/Dice used the wrong game-engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Luremus View Post
            Crysis barely have more players than the BF2 demo!

Still think EA/Dice used the wrong game-engine?
            lol. well i see your point there...

Crysis is a singleplayer game... PLEASE! And from what i've heard it's multiplayer isn't so good. I mean the whole world knows that the battlefield franchise has one of the best multiplayer games out there...

I guess my point is I really like the engine used in Crysis, but when it comes to playing bf2, i don't know about you guys, but i find myself playing for points!!! Usually, the graphics never really come to mind. But in a game like Crysis, where the grahpics were meant to be astonishing and were hyped up before release, thats what people look at.

Unless you look for flaws, the graphics used in both look pretty good. (Unless there's a ton of glitches everywhere or a few that you can't help but notice...) But in games like bf2, fun is the main objective, and even though its an older game, its not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Deflex
              when it comes to playing bf2, i don't know about you guys, but i find myself playing for points!!
              This is why BF2 sucks so much sometimes. Douchebags sitting in choppers to "get vehicle hours" or people throwing grenades randomly all round to try and get the cheapest kills they can so they can get more points to rank up.

Comment

Those are called noobs.
                W'ere the elite remember
                Were better than that
                come to think of it, grenades are kind of OP'd

Comment

True dat.

Comment

Taking these as an example, if you max everything out I think the graphics stand up pretty well compared to todays games. Maybe not in the same league as Crysis but then again what is. I find games that look too photorealistic are just too umbelievable.
                    Battlelog; jeffb7

Comment

Crysis came out way after bf2 why are you all comparing it to bf2?

For BF2's release date I have to say the graphics are great, even today I still enjoy the graphics in bf2 because no other game has such large maps to play on. Consider if COD4 actually had a map half the size of a bf2 map, medium or large - what a huge difference that would be!

You also gotta remember Crysis is meant for DX10 so its hardly a fair comparison to a DX9 old skool game.

Comment

I'll just stay the graphics have stood the test of time. When it first released it had the best graphics of anything out there. It was the benchmark for everyone out there to achieve and Nvidia and ATi probably had a 50% rise in stock because everyone built a new right with a new video card just for BF2. Me included.

Comment

Working...
                        X