How would you rate BF2's Graphics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you rate BF2's Graphics?

I have played the game on all high settings, as did I with BF2142. The graphics to me are outdated. The polygon count is low, the texture maps seem a little dull. The fog on the edges of the map is very ugly looking. There were many games with far better graphics in 2005.

Also, the engine is a modified version of a ten year old engine, Refractor 2, used since "Operation Eagle".

What do you think? Also, please don't gripe about how much the graphics wouldn't matter to you if that's the case, this thread is ABOUT the graphics.

Now when i turn it up on all high it still looks like crap to me,its over 2 years old now.

Comment

Well BF2142 was released in 2006, around the same time there were things about Crysis and FFOW and whatnot. EA is a big company, they could've licensed any engine.

Comment

Back when it first came out they looked great but pretty average now.

Comment

Above poor - Below Average.

Though, I can't even play them on all high, I have tried all high at 2xAA. Still not as nice as Far Cry or like COD4.

Comment

I just HAVE to post some Project Reality pics...

And this is probably the prettiest BF2/PR screenshot i've ever seen.

G3 with a scope!

Comment

On the highest graphics, highest resolution and 4xAA (have to balance them to keep video memory from being saturated). It looks superb, and I really don't care about Far Cry or others. The playability is what makes this game though. HL2 Episode 2 quartered my framerate and added very little. Crysis, laughable performance, some issues, ET QW isn't much better, FFOW isn't released, and doesn't have a media machine or billion dollar company backing it up as HL1 did, and so on.

BF2 is much value for money.

Comment

When Half Life 2 came out it's graphics, physics, and everything else were somewhat better than Battlefield 2.

waaah_wah, I admit the third screen down is pretty, but still, the graphics look pretty dull to me.

Comment

Bf2 certainly aint Crysis, but Bf2s graphics are still pretty good. What do you think about ArmA graphics?:P

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolofo
                    Now when i turn it up on all high it still looks like crap to me,its over 2 years old now.
                    yeah i would say it looked great 2 years ago. the engine of BF2 was made for a mix of huge maps and graphics so its not like they could just pick up the half life 2 engine. if there were maps the size of like gulf of oman for CSS w/ 64 players running around...thered be a ton of lag

Comment

if ya want to complain how bad BF2 graphics are lets go back another 10 years and talk about how bad of graphics donkey kong is

Comment

Donkey Kong was LEGEND for the time it was released in.

Comment

BF2 graphics are pretty good. They were good when they first came out and they still are. However other games are moving ahead like Doom 3.

The MAJOR complaint I have about BF2 is the fog. It limits my sniper shots. It looks ugly and while the buildings themselves look realistic due to the graphics, the fog just screws it.

Sure others might lag if it was taken out, but then just turn down your settings. If you have a real low end computer anyway you could just upgrade, the hardware's gettin' cheap lately!

Comment

I still think the graphic in BF2 is fine. When I first bought the game and played, I was so amazed by the surroundings and the ambience. Now I play without caring about the graphics. The fog is annoying but without it the game wouldn't look that good realistic imho.

Crysis: I played the demo with low settings and tried it on medium. What happened was that suddenly there were turtles and chicken running around. Things that look pretty and it's funny to throw chicken around, lol. But there no improvement in gameplay having fish swimming in the seas. It's just dropping my fps ;-)
                            I'm happy with the occasional bugs/flies and birds in BF2.

FipZ

Comment

personally i think the graphics are average

Comment

Working...
                              X