Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video settings do you really play BF in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All medium at 1680x1050
    And it still lags

Comment

1024x768(i like that res)
      Rest of my settings are maxed

2gigs DDR2
      600watt psu
      320 gig hdd
      EVGA nForce680i mobo/duo core E6300
      Asus 8800GtX

It works for now,in spring some time im going to build a new gaming rig.

:salute:

Comment

Play at 1600*1200, with all maxed out except AA.
        As someone said it, there are situations where some low settings are best.
        Like when the arty strikes or when there are explosions and somke.
        I say this because when i played in my old rig I could see some things that now I can´t.

Comment

I'd rather play a sweet looking game and do 'normal' than play something ugly and score 'more'.

A bit like me and the ladies really

Comment

All medium with 1024*768 2x AA

nVidia GeForce 7500 LE 128 mb -.-

Comment

Ever since I noticed that without lightning, you can see ppl's shadows through walls or when they are somewhere above you, I play on medium and lightning turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by looqas View Post
                What you mean here is the shadows. Many play them turned off/low since the enemy stands out better against buildings. I used to play like that because of my old graphics card would not allow me comfortably to go any higher and it's a quite big difference. Especially is you are playing PAC.

On the other hand since I got my new gfx card the shadows cast by vehicles/people when I'm about to turn a corner have saved my skin many times over. Plus flying apparatuses are easier to spot.

I play 1280x1024 everything maxed.
                Looking at your specs, you should be able to do 1600x1200 with no problems, just don't want to?

Yours: Asus P5KC * E6750 * 8800GTS * 2x1GB Mushkin 4-4-3-10 * G7 & Ultimat * Seasonic S-12 Energy Plus 650W

Mine: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum, Athlon64 X2 3800+ Toledo, 7800GT 256mb, 2x1gb OCZ Performance, 74gb Raptor HDD, X-Fi Platinum, Enermax Liberty 620W modular PSU

I average about 45-55 fps. It'll drop down to around 35 on the the titan sometimes, but that's acceptable.

Comment

1400 by 900
                  16AA, 16AF
                  Maxed Out Settings.

And so I should bloody think given my rig.

Comment

EVERYTHING low except effects and dynamic light on medium

Comment

maxed out with 4x AA and 16x AF
                      I get about 50-60 fps in a heavy fire fight

Comment

Originally posted by Myxx View Post
                        1024x768 (my eyes are too old to read the text at higher resolution).

4xAA, 16xAF and all other graphics options maxed out.
                        Same, cept not cause of age. I liek getting 60+ FPS

Comment

I play all on high minus lighting, and lighting effect.

GPU=nVidia 7950GT OC edition handles all well

CPU=Intel Celeron D 3.2ghz is a damned turd, so Titan is off limits unless 32 players or smaller.

Before Battlefield 2, i could have cared less about graphics, since BF2, i have started dumping cash so i could play that future mod for BF2, whats it called? Um 2142?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I used to play BF2 on a crap PC with a Gforce 5200FX Asylum. lol is an understatement.

Comment

30 fps is all you really need since the human eye cant see the difference over that

Comment

Ok, with my new Card I run everything on medium, with no AA. WORLDS better than it used to be

EDIT: Tweaked out my settings a bit, now I run at high with 2X AA, 60-80 FPS

Comment

Working...
                              X