Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video settings do you really play BF in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What video settings do you really play BF in?

When I first started playing BF2142, I used to think that maximizing all of my video settings was the way to go (highest resolution, textures, lighting, etc).
    Then, when I began to get serious about improving my stats, I looked at issues that would help me improve my weapons accuracy and focus. One of them was the resolution I was playing in. I now play BF2142 at 800x 600!
    My accuracy has improved because at 800 x 600 I get a "zoom in" advantage over the higher resolutions. And, at low textures, effects and lighting, my focus has improved since targets stand out better against the background.
    Just curious what video settings y'all really play BF in.

1024x768 (my eyes are too old to read the text at higher resolution).

4xAA, 16xAF and all other graphics options maxed out.

Comment

Bare Minimum, but thats only because that is all my computer will currently support. I get a new Card tomorrow, and I should be able to run everything at high *w00t!*

Comment

1680x1050, everything maxed. I've heard running it with all the visual goodies turned off makes targets more visible/easier to spot, but I'd rather do as well as I am already and have it look it's best, than make it look crappy in the hopes of getting a couple more kills per round.

Comment

Medium setting.

Comment

Generally i play windowed full graphics settings @ 12**x9** (dont know the specifics)

If i play fullscreen its full settings @ 1600x1200

Comment

All Low on 1024x768 with terrain on medium

Comment

1024x768 mix med and high 2xAA. Getting around 40-50 fps.

Comment

1024*768
                  Medium for textures, geometry, and terrain, and low for everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Erhardt
                    1680x1050, everything maxed. I've heard running it with all the visual goodies turned off makes targets more visible/easier to spot, but I'd rather do as well as I am already and have it look it's best, than make it look crappy in the hopes of getting a couple more kills per round.
                    Same here, except I run at 1600x1200. I'll be running that res though next month hopefully, new monitor. I'm also using 2xAA, 4x seems to make little to no visual difference while reducing performance too much.

Another question is, what are your audio settings? Mine are all maxed out with the X-Fi settings.

Comment

pretty much all low except geometry maxed

i also play in window mode so i dont have to restart my comp once my game crashes...

Comment

Originally posted by JumpStyle. View Post
                        pretty much all low except geometry maxed

i also play in window mode so i dont have to restart my comp once my game crashes...
                        You don't have to restart.

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete
                        Press Ctrl+F
                        Type "BF2"
                        Press Delete
                        Press "Y"

You don't have to be able to see the task manager for this to actually work. I discovered this on a whim one night when it crashed to a black screen after I had alt-tabbed away from the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Erhardt

What you mean here is the shadows. Many play them turned off/low since the enemy stands out better against buildings. I used to play like that because of my old graphics card would not allow me comfortably to go any higher and it's a quite big difference. Especially is you are playing PAC.

On the other hand since I got my new gfx card the shadows cast by vehicles/people when I'm about to turn a corner have saved my skin many times over. Plus flying apparatuses are easier to spot.

I play 1280x1024 everything maxed.

Comment

Originally posted by cyan
                            You don't have to restart.

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete
                            Press Ctrl+F
                            Type "BF2"
                            Press Delete
                            Press "Y"

You don't have to be able to see the task manager for this to actually work. I discovered this on a whim one night when it crashed to a black screen after I had alt-tabbed away from the game.
                            really? Il give it a go, but my whole game freezes and doesnt let me do anything until i restart dont know if it'll work

Comment

I used to play 800 x 600 all medium as that is all my graphics card would allow. Upgraded about 6 months ago and now play 1280 x 960 all maxed out with 4x AA and 8x AF. Found it improved my game by loads!

Comment

Working...
                              X