swearing a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swearing a question

Ok I know i'm going to get spamed for this but. I have small children and to be honest with you i don't really like listening to it. So here's the question, is there a lot or any swearing in COD4. I downloaded and played the demo and did not notice any but I would really like to know for sure. So any help would be appreciated.

There has not been much swearing, if I remember correctly, in all of the previous Call of Duty's, and even the few times there were, it was in the heat of battle and you really didn't notice it.
    (Yet, I believe the first two CoD's were T)

I expect the same from CoD4 - being M more for the violence aspect - but somebody else may be able to give you a more definite answer.

That's just my take from the CoD series. I still believe that CoD4 should be T, and that games such as San Andreas deserve the M rating.

Comment

I doubt there will be many big swear words. Probably most of the words are words your children have probably learned at school already

Comment

At the community preview a couple months ago, there was some swearing in the game, but it wasn't gratuitous or over-the-top. I don't recall any f-bombs at the time, but there was other stuff that you might hear in a war movie.

Comment

COD2 has some swearing. But the COD4 has insignificant or no swearing at all.

Comment

Thank you all. Much appreciated. I played COD 2 and was turned off by the British campaign for the swearing. So that being said as long as its not like the engineers in Company of hero's where the f-bomb every click then I will probably take a enjoy this as much as I do BF2.

Thanks again

Comment

ESRB is Mature (17+). That's how you should decide if your kids can be around it...

M — Mature: Contains content that is considered unsuitable for children under 17. Titles in this category may contain violence such as blood and gore, sexual references and/or language.

Comment

All war games should be M. It`s bloody war, and war is ugly. Plus, it keeps the children out.

Comment

Originally posted by roucious View Post
                  Thank you all. Much appreciated. I played COD 2 and was turned off by the British campaign for the swearing. So that being said as long as its not like the engineers in Company of hero's where the f-bomb every click then I will probably take a enjoy this as much as I do BF2.

Thanks again
                  Wait, the British swear in CoD2? What'd they say? I don't even remember.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                    All war games should be M. It`s bloody war, and war is ugly. Plus, it keeps the children out.
                    Yes, but it's all about the sales.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                      So you're saying people who are under 17 (people like me) shouldn't be able to play FPS games at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt Davis
                        So you're saying people who are under 17 (people like me) shouldn't be able to play FPS games at all?
                        Yep spot on. Don't come back.

jk mate. The choice is yours, at 13 you're old enough to decide.

Comment

So no swearing, but you let your children see you blast some guy in the face?

What's is the difference?

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

yeah really. You cant shield your kids from swearing - they'll hear it at school anyways. Teaching them to tolerate violence ( as long as its a "bad guy" ) is somewhat messed up.
                              How old are your kids ?

Comment

Working...
                              X