• Show
Clear All

• 1680x1050 res possible?

id like to know

what about 2142

how ?

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...lefield_series

Comment

Unless you modify the bf2.exe, you can't get "true" widescreen in BF2 (i.e. a wider field of view). What you can get by putting +szx 1680 +szy 1050 on the command line is a screen that is filled without being distorted by stretching; what you are really seeing is BF2 running in 1680x1260 resolution with the top and/or bottom pixels cut off. This is what that forum refers to as "vert -". There is a hack available now that can give true widescreen but since it modifies the .exe it would probably get you kicked if you tried to use it online. That forum has no entry for 2142 but I'd expect it to work the same.

Comment

you need to edit the bf2.exe file, you can find it when right-clicking on shortcut and going properties. Did it a few days ago for 1920x1200 resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion
          you need to edit the bf2.exe file, you can find it when right-clicking on shortcut and going properties. Did it a few days ago for 1920x1200 resolution.
          That is not "editing the bf2.exe file". That is just changing the command line which, as I said, gives you a non-stretched screen but doesn't give you a wider field of view which you would get from editing the bf2.exe file.

Comment

I did it for 1680x1050..... and got ctd's...

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
              I did it for 1680x1050..... and got ctd's...
              The .exe hack? I haven't tried it myself. Not worth the trouble just for SP/LAN games.

Comment

No, just simply editing the commands by right going to properties on the bf2.exe shortcut.... oh well, doesn't matter too much. CoD4 comes on Saturday...

Comment

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
                  X