shot registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shot registration

I have done a few searches buuuuuuuuut haven't found a def answer on what I need...

I know rounds do not register always, BUT is it a definite register when you see the little "hit markers" light up around your cross hair when you're shooting at someone??

Re: shot registration

Im pretty sure that if you see the marks, the shot registers. Then again....this is BF2, so Im pretty sure that its never correct.....which doesn't really answer your question so Ill stop talking now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMafia View Post
      Im pretty sure that if you see the marks, the shot registers. Then again....this is BF2, so Im pretty sure that its never correct.....which doesn't really answer your question so Ill stop talking now.
      More like depends on the game engines mood at that given time. :hmm:

Comment

yeah im pretty sure its right. i think there was a video showing someone shooting at someone else with the dao auto shotgun and u could see the dust fly out of his body but he wanst taking any damage..but idr if u could see the "whiskers" lol

Comment

Better yet, I've come to the conclusion that while in 3 shot burst, the damage is only counted after the last round hits, rather than damage for each individual round.

Comment

yer if you see the x its a hit.
            and with the burst thing, you mean it takes 3 rounds of damage but only when last round hits yeh?

Comment

But I have also noticed, especially with grenades, the hit indicator will show before you throw the nade...

Comment

If you are near some artillery canons, and you try to fire off a grenade .. then watch your hit indicator, it's going crazy even b4 u throw the grenade at the artillery.

Comment

Originally posted by KGB5050 View Post
                  But I have also noticed, especially with grenades, the hit indicator will show before you throw the nade...
                  I think that's when you hit them with the 'nade before it explodes. Like when you hit them on the head and you get a kill, then the nade explodes.

Comment

Originally posted by PrototypeJC View Post
                    Better yet, I've come to the conclusion that while in 3 shot burst, the damage is only counted after the last round hits, rather than damage for each individual round.
                    I have noticed something like that with the g36e, I thought it was just me..

Comment

I have, by far, the worst hit registration ever. I can be drilling someone, and getting the confirmed 'hit' icons, and they still won't die.

I've pretty much given up on playing BF2 on this computer, dunno if it's the video card, but the experience has got noticeably worse in the past few months.
                      All benchmark programs tell me the card (6600GT) has a high rating, and there is no problems, but BF2 is basically unplayable (even at 1024x768 Low settings) Too many stutters, pauses, bad hit registers, the whole thing is making my blood pressure rise.

Comment

I have gotten a hit indicator after bouncing a grenade of a guys head, don't know if it was coincidence or what exactly was going on with that.

Comment

the "hit indicator" show when a shot registers with the server. Dust show's when it regs client side.

Comment

for some reason, last night, iwas getting direct hits with the GL...i mean like it would land on their head, and explode, but they walk on untouched and unharmed.....this happened to me a number of times last night....i dno WTF is up but in one round it happened about 4-5 times...

something is really wrong with this game, and somehow it seems to be getting worse...ive about had it

no i havent

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp View Post
                              something is really wrong with this game, and somehow it seems to be getting worse...ive about had it
                              It does seem to be getting worse, huh? I don't remember BF2 ever playing this crappy ever....

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp View Post
                              no i havent
                              Me too. I'm only able to play for 30 mins at a time though, because by then I'm starting to get really mad. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X