Ramming Differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramming Differences

I just had this argument with some admins on one of the zombie servers. There are different types of ramming. On their server rules, they so no ramming, good. But some ramming is acceptable and sometimes, the only thing you can do.

For instance. I was in a gunship and their gunship just took off their repair pad. I just used my shields to avaid a saaw or aa turret and I just used my missiles up firing at them hoping to hit 'em before they turned on their shields, which I didn't. From the angle and speed I was coming in, I would have had no chance of escape, so I rammed them and took them out with me, I would have died anyway from them. That is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. They may not have liked it and got mad, but I had no other option other than to just die by them. They said I could've bailed or something, yeah right...

Say you are in an air transport ship and the gunship is flying at you firing and you know you are about to die because your armor is almost gone. Do you try to flee knowing you can't or do you ram and at least take them out with you? Of course, you ram.

Those types of ramming are acceptable. Ramming in a transport ship when it's just you, no one firing at you and just ramming into anyone is completely different. You have many other choices but your one purpose is to ram...

I hate rammers and I hate ramming and don't want to ram. I'll avoid doing so as much as I can, but at times, like me in the gunship above, you have no choice. It's either let them kill you or ram them and at least take them out with you.

Some admins are just zealots and really shouldn't be admins in the first place. Like some people I've seen/read about going to an enemy base to steal a vehicle and kill someone that spawned. They get called for base raping, which they are not, and get kicked and/or banned. There are many more examples I could quote, but I wont...

Anyway, I guess my point is that sometimes, admins get mad because they just lost somehow or another and only see things one way instead of trying to understand the situation and see it from both sides. When you're an admin or moderator, you can't do that. I've been an admin in a few games before and have been an admin/mod at forums before, so it's nothing new to me. That's the end of my rant I guess...

/rant

1) Ramming in the sky (transport or gunship) is stupid, if its an accident then thats ok but if deliberate that isnt ok
    2) ramming on the ground (car tank whatever) that is ok because they just just blow up with one hit except for the car.

Comment

I'm pretty much ok with somebody ramming me in a gunship because they just wasted it, and it's unlikely they're going to do it all round. Transports, on the other hand, are just plain annoying with their large amount of armor and nuclear explosion, and they respawn very quickly.

Comment

You can ram transports into gunships to kill them, while easily surviving due to the transports heavier armour, i do it all the time.

But if u just fly into them full speed in a suicide attack, then thats not ok, but nudging them out of the sky using your heavier armour is fine, its the only thing u can do against a gunship with a transport and still survive, apart from bailing.

Comment

I don't really care about ramming; it just seems to piss people off simply because it's very effective. I don't do it because I prefer to stay alive

Incidentally, I got kicked for 'ramming' when a gunship was hovering behind our Titan with the gunner raping anyone on the deck, so I landed a Titan pod on it. Does that count as ramming?

Comment

When I was a n00b i rammed a lot. I stopped a while back though, even if i'm in a transport and about to die i usually bail over an area where i know it won't hit anything if i can't make it back to base.

However once i did ram a marauding gunship with a transport that was killing people on our titan and our closest silo. The guy i killed told me "nice ram" I was so proud.

Comment

Ramming is fun, especially when you get flamed afterwards

Comment

Because your gonna die anyway that makes it ok - what????

Personally i hate rammers, imo theres no excuse and it should'nt be done in any circumstances. Its an easy way out, and once you let one get away with it you'll have all kinds dive bombing out the sky at you.

Comment

Originally posted by m3talc0re View Post

Anyway, I guess my point is that sometimes, admins get mad because they just lost somehow or another and only see things one way instead of trying to understand the situation and see it from both sides. When you're an admin or moderator, you can't do that. I've been an admin in a few games before and have been an admin/mod at forums before, so it's nothing new to me. That's the end of my rant I guess...

/rant
                  And how is the Administrators supposed to distinguish between those types of ramming?

If the rules clearly say "No Ramming", then you don't get to redefine ramming to suit your own definitions.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned ramming is an acceptable tactic. Just like RDX jeeping - cheap but does the job. You do what you have to within the programmed limits of the game to get kills.

Personally I don't ram or jihad jeep unless I have no other option. I was once kicked from a game for ramming when I was second seat on a gunship. I had softened up the enemy gunship with the cannon so when we collided I was credited with the kills of the enemy crew.

I don't get people who ***** about the method in which they were killed - some kills are OK and others not

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
                      As far as I'm concerned ramming is an acceptable tactic. Just like RDX jeeping - cheap but does the job. You do what you have to within the programmed limits of the game to get kills.

I don't get people who ***** about the method in which they were killed - some kills are OK and others not
                      As you said yourself, it is cheap. And some people feels that cheap tactics ruins the fun of the game.

It may be within the programmed limits of the game, but I don't believe it was intended to be used as a weapon in this way.
                      and because of that it doesn't fit into the balance of the game.
                      The most valuable asset ,like a Walker, will be taken out in a split second by a guy who cant even land, flying in asset that will respawn every 30 seconds and can reach any art of the map in another 30s.

Compare to ET:QW which has a vehicle specifically designed for ramming. Obviously that is fine, but it is also a very different game.

Lets not forget that in this case the server rules specifically stated "No Ramming", so I cant see how he has a case with the "but its not that kind of ramming" story.
                      Sure it is, you are just waiting with the cheap tactics until you start to lose.

Comment

When I'm roaming around in a walker and some RDX bunnie comes flying in with a jeep and kills me it is annoying. However all those troops I am slaughtering probably aren't having that great a time either.

It tends to be the case that someone will resort to jihadding if a walker is rampaging and no one is doing anything about it. Personally I just spawn as engineer and take it out. Not always succesful either - flew a transport into a Walker the other day and just bounced off. WTF

Comment

Ramming is ok in my book!
                          I mean he will get a death for it and maybe a punishment from a teammate that was in the transport or what ever he used to ram!

As for podramming: VERY GOOD MOVE! If that gunship is stupid enough to hover in one place or not move very much than ram away my friend!

Comment

if the server rules says no ramming it means no ramming how hard is that to understand..

Comment

I like it when noobs get pissed off with me when i am in the tank but when they decide to ram me with the transport ship/tanks cause i am pwning them it gets plain annoying but I feel better when I just take a shot at the transport ship and watch them crash in to the many lampposts scattered around. Plain annoying but fun to get 3-4 kills.

Ramming gunship with gunship is annoying to cause you can slow down the gunship to a halt in midair and so shouldn't be ramming at all if your good....:salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X