Tell me about the M Rating Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rbevan59 View Post
    the same thing is happening to me, except its vice versa, Not sure if my parents want me playing a game if it's rated M, especially if it has bad language, now, every parent knows pretty darn well that their 16 year old hears cursing every single day of their lives at school.

So, what I'm saying is, do what you think is best for your 14 year old.

Just remember, they hear/see this stuff every day.
    No. They don't. Not everyone goes to school and is exposed to bad language. I'm sure they've heard it, but some children get a real childhood. Don't take this against you. it's not. It's a general comment to clear up a misconception.

Originally posted by Kingkat54 View Post
    I applaud your efforts as a parent. ( I assume you are a parent, JohnnyGamer). At least you are trying to make an intelligent decision about a games content for your child.

I believe it might be the same as some 'mature' rated tv shows. Probably no F-Bombs, but close. Probably rated M for the blood and gore factor rather than some language and a few words. Repulse has a great post about the ESRB definition.
    I truly believe it depends on the maturity of the player.
    Besides it just might be a game you both can have fun with........................
    I'm thinking about this last part as a good alternative. I'm thankful for everyone's response. I disagree with many of your thoughts on some points, but I respect your thoughts. Thanks again.

Comment

A person's childhood isn't ruined by hearing curse words. They're vibrations of a person's vocal cords, nothing more.

Comment

^^
        Not true...

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyGamer View Post
          No. They don't. Not everyone goes to school and is exposed to bad language. I'm sure they've heard it, but some children get a real childhood. Don't take this against you. it's not. It's a general comment to clear up a misconception.

I'm thinking about this last part as a good alternative. I'm thankful for everyone's response. I disagree with many of your thoughts on some points, but I respect your thoughts. Thanks again.
          hehe no prob! but I'll change what I said... the *MAJORITY* of kids in middle school (aka Junior High) and High School (aka Senior High) hear this stuff every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt Davis View Post
            A person's childhood isn't ruined by hearing curse words. They're vibrations of a person's vocal cords, nothing more.
            Isn't this a scientific way of saying "stick and stones..."?

Comment

^^ Yes... but it's quite a generalized statement.

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Aerialz View Post
                ^^
                Not true...
                Nice refutation.

Comment

Originally posted by rbevan59 View Post
                  hehe no prob! but I'll change what I said... the *MAJORITY* of kids in middle school (aka Junior High) and High School (aka Senior High) hear this stuff every day.
                  Listen to this guy...no doubt your child is hearing kids curse at school. He is going to exposed to these things, one way or another.

"some children get a real childhood"

I have a 'real childhood', and I hear cursing almost all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt Davis View Post
                    Nice refutation.
                    Well, unlike a few others, I didn't want to begin a new argument
                    *Smartass

Comment

Working...
                    X