Tell me about the M Rating Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the M Rating Please

I read the reason why. I was hoping for something more specific, particularly on the language.

What kind of language, specifically if the rules allow it, does it have? Thanks for any help.

The ESRB deifnitions.

MATURE
    Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.
    Now to break it down by the ESRB definitions.

Intense Violence - Graphic and realistic-looking depictions of physical conflict. May involve extreme and/or realistic blood, gore, weapons and depictions of human injury and death

Blood and Gore - Depictions of blood or the mutilation of body parts

Sexual Content - Non-explicit depictions of sexual behavior, possibly including partial nudity

Strong Language - Explicit and/or frequent use of profanity
    Im not sure on the language in game, but im pretty sure with CoD4 it will be the sort of language you would hear on a common day to day kind of environment (if that makes sense .

Comment

CoD4 + Sexual Content = Lolfest

Comment

I know, i was going to put that your not likely to see that in this game.

The definitions above are those form the ESRB site in general their not game specific .

Comment

I'd say it definantly deserves an M for "Intense Violence" and there is a bit of blood.

The language in the demo isn't really bad, there might be a 'damn' or two but I'm not sure. You are allowed to use the f-bomb in M rated games, although I doubt CoD4 does.

Comment

I really think this game thumbs the line between M and T. There's blood, but it's not bad at all, nowhere near Gears of War violence. It's just bad enough to get M.

Comment

They could just do what spy kids did...

"Holy Shi-taki mushrooms RPG!!!!"

Comment

I think the reason its rated M is the violence in it, quite a few coutries have started kicking up a fuss with 'The teens of today getting influenced by computer games' and crap. I think the fact that its based on conflict gives it the Mature rating.

Comment

Repulse,
                  I have no idea what you're talking about.
                  Playing Battlefield 2 makes me want to go fly helicopters and blow up buildings....

Comment

The reason why it's probably rated M is to get rid of all the little kiddies playing the game and them accusing of "h4xing" on a server and then everyone starts flaming in the ingame chat... Anyway, that's why they have the "Gaming expierence may change during online play".

Comment

it's really gonna hurt me, even though I'm 17, my local walmart won't sell me an M rated game cuz I don't have an ID. I'm having my friend get it for me on tues lol

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt View Post
                        The reason why it's probably rated M is to get rid of all the little kiddies playing the game and them accusing of "h4xing" on a server and then everyone starts flaming in the ingame chat...
                        all that will still happen regardless of what age warning is put on a game...

Comment

Well, I saw the trailers. It looks like intense violence, more like episodes of 24. It has sexual stuff in it too?

Comment

^^ No lol

Comment

so when they do the ratings and they put all the items it has, they have to put everything, language, violence, etc., but it is not necessarily true that all those things make it M? In other words the strong languge may not have contributed?

Comment

Working...
                              X