In-game buddy system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-game buddy system?

Earlier call of duty games had almost no teamwork at least in pubs that is. I mean like in a server, there was no way to really stick with a buddy and work together. Is there any word if the PC version will have teamwork features, like highlight someones name on the battlefield?

You can see teammates' names like battlefield.

Comment

Are you talking about like 2142? They had a in game buddy list type deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable View Post
        You can see teammates' names like battlefield.
        Great, I didn't want it to be like COD2 where theres no team work.

Comment

Will there be squads like battlefield?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob848 View Post
            Will there be squads like battlefield?
            No. The teams won't be as large, nor will the maps, so I don't think squads are needed.

Comment

I'll just be joining off my friends in Xfire, I think the no squads thing is a bit of a bummer but it's still Ok, seeing as every time you respawn you spawn with a group of players.. so you can just work with them!

Comment

Squads were pretty useless in BF2 because no one joins squads, no one has a microphone... Everyone just does their own thing in BF2...

Comment

^^BS obviously you've never played on a pub server with clan buds.

Comment

Yeah, I'm just talking about going into any regular public server... It's almost opposite when I go into a Project Reality public server and join a squad, at least the squad leader and at least 3 others are using a microphone...

Comment

Ok, going from his original topic:

Is there going to be a "buddy system" as in, a friends list, so you can easily join off of your friends and such ingame?

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Aerialz View Post
                        Ok, going from his original topic:

Is there going to be a "buddy system" as in, a friends list, so you can easily join off of your friends and such ingame?
                        It is unlikely.

Comment

Isn't there a party system so that you're always on the same team with the members of your party? Or is that just for XBOX360

Comment

There better be something where you can mark friends on the battlefield to know where they are and stick with them. I'm gonna be pissed if its the same as COD2

Comment

There is a party system, but it has not been announced if it is for PC or not. If there is one for PC, there will probably be a buddy list. How else would people join other people's parties (well, X-fire, but they shouldn't be relying on a third-party program).

The strategy guide also mentions being able to choose your buddies to join from your friends list. They didn't mention if they were talking about one specific system.

Comment

Working...
                              X