Navy SEALs in CoD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sars99 View Post
    does it really make a difference though in MP???

everyone has the same weapons as default, and there aint any vehicles dedicated to each faction

unless theres multiple SP campaigns for each faction, its just a uniform.
    I tend to always want to be American, I hate shooting Marines, but I'll have to get used to that.

BTW I'm getting COD4 thursday, will there be any descent EU servers up by then?

Comment

Kinda stupid that that both teams have the same weapons, what`s the fun in that. Might as well make the teams "red" and "blue", don`t bother modelling different factions and remove the accents, just make everyone sound like a generic grunt.

FOR SHAME

Comment

Uhh, it's pretty damn easy to get whatever weapons you want now. Although Marines probably wouldn't use Kalashnikovs alot, insurgents and special forces would use a large variety of weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt Davis
          Uhh, it's pretty damn easy to get whatever weapons you want now. Although Marines probably wouldn't use Kalashnikovs alot, insurgents and special forces would use a large variety of weapons.

Yes, Marines get to chose either an M16A4 or an M4A1, and a Reflex, ACOG, or AoTech sight. So choice is limited, but special forces are aloud any gun they want. And they usually use the same so they can borrow clips and stuff.

The Navy SEALs for example, used to use the M16A1/AKM in the 70s, then they used XM177E2s, then the Swiss SIG SG552-2, now they're using M4s I think, the SOPMOD one, but I'm not usre they don't realy let people know much, but I imagine they'd use that

But lol with insurgents you can get any gun you want, but you even find WW1/2 Era stuf, like Mosin-Nagants, Lee-Enfields, and other bolt stuff, the reaons they use old things is because those huge bullets will go through coalition body armor, and the guns are cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon
            Kinda stupid that that both teams have the same weapons, what`s the fun in that.
            It's a still just a game though, so you always have to try to balance authenticity/realism with FUN. There are so many different weapons, and the dev team has spent a lot of time balancing them vs. one another, but perhaps then adding another level of complexity - balancing one TEAM's weapons vs the other - would be too much.

In just about any other game (BF2, MOH, previous COD's) there are always complaints that one side has better weapons than another.

Instead, in COD4 everyone has an even playing field - everyone can access all weapons as they rank up. Maybe it's not totally authentic, but it IS fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
              It's a still just a game though, so you always have to try to balance authenticity/realism with FUN. There are so many different weapons, and the dev team has spent a lot of time balancing them vs. one another, but perhaps then adding another level of complexity - balancing one TEAM's weapons vs the other - would be too much.

In just about any other game (BF2, MOH, previous COD's) there are always complaints that one side has better weapons than another.

Instead, in COD4 everyone has an even playing field - everyone can access all weapons as they rank up. Maybe it's not totally authentic, but it IS fair.
              I agree, the PPSh-41 was a pain to combat as German unless you were very good with a rifle or used a shotgun.

When it comes down to it, people will probably just use unlocks anyway though .

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable View Post
                When it comes down to it, people will probably just use unlocks anyway though .
                Exactly, hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post

Which is another step closer to dumbing the game down.
                  I wouldn`t be suprised if in the next CoD they would just make all the guns equal, only different skin. But it`s all about fun so it wouldn`t matter, right, :shakehead:

But as CoD has always been ridiculously easy to mod, I reckon a lot of server will set their own weapons for teams/kits so not all hope is lost for me.

But if there is a map where it`s USMC vs. OpFor I will lol if I can kill marines with their own weaponry. Screaming Allah Hu Akbar will never be sweeter.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                    ...snip...
                    But if there is a map where it`s USMC vs. OpFor I will lol if I can kill marines with their own weaponry. Screaming Allah Hu Akbar will never be sweeter.
                    You, sir, are declaring that you relish the prospect of shooting Marines?

Just to clarify where you stand... I like to know who my friends and my enemies are.

Comment

Don't take him seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                        You, sir, are declaring that you relish the prospect of shooting Marines?

Just to clarify where you stand... I like to know who my friends and my enemies are.
                        I believe he was mocking the fact that you can get the same guns on both teams.

Comment

Roger that.

There are real warriors in harm's way in today's world. I've served alongside some great Marines, so the idea... Well, let's just leave it at that.

"Frag out!"

Comment

Working...
                          X