Navy SEALs in CoD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy SEALs in CoD4

Okay, so I just got to wondering... Does anybody know if we will be able to play as the SEALs in this game? I've seen screenshots of them so I'm assuming we will, but still want to know if anybody has heard, or read anything about them.

I don't think so. The only forces I've heard of are the Marine Force Recon, the SAS, the bad guys, and maybe the Spetsnaz.

Comment

does it really make a difference though in MP???

everyone has the same weapons as default, and there aint any vehicles dedicated to each faction

unless theres multiple SP campaigns for each faction, its just a uniform.

Comment

Those are probably not Navy SEALs...as they are not in the game. Are you sure you are not getting confused with the SAS?

The factions are the British SAS, U.S. Marine Force Recon, OpFor (Al-Asad's, the middle-eastern terrorist, army) and the Spetsnaz (of course the Russian faction)

Comment

From all we've read so far, there are no Navy SEALs in COD4. The only Western friendly forces are the Marines and the SAS. The SAS are dressed in black and are seen assaulting a ship at night, so you may be mistaking those for SEALs.

Comment

i can see how you can get the SAS confused with the SEALS

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
              From all we've read so far, there are no Navy SEALs in COD4. The only Western friendly forces are the Marines and the SAS. The SAS are dressed in black and are seen assaulting a ship at night, so you may be mistaking those for SEALs.
              No, look at these:

Comment

Yeah, someone speculated about those screenies a couple months ago. Those few seem to be the only ones with the US forces in the dark/subdued camo.

Again, IW have made no mention at all about any Western forces other than USMC and SAS.

If they are SEALS, it might be a small cinematic or something of them prepping an area for a major assault. Or, could just be Marines in a dark/night camo. Or even placeholder textures.

Guess we'll find out in 4 days or so.

Comment

they are wearing an american flag.....

like whiskey said well find out at the release

Comment

They probably just changed their camo and appearence of the character in multiplayer.

Comment

Isn't the base weapon loadout for the SEALS the MP5?

The presence of the MP5 in the demo (spawning it), could mean something.

Comment

Originally posted by vika09
                        Isn't the base weapon loadout for the SEALS the MP5?

The presence of the MP5 in the demo (spawning it), could mean something.
                        Isn't the MP5 standard for the SAS as well?

As for the pictures above, couldn't a Marine have more than one outfit? People change their clothes everyday but then soldiers have to always wear camo, even if the situation calls for something else?

I think people are just jumping to conclusions...

Comment

if we are talking real seals.... they carry ne weapon they want. normally a form of the m4 but they change for the mission MP5 is generally used in close quarter missions only

Comment

Well, that is the missile silo map (All In)...probably SP.

By that point in the campaign, British forces had joined up with US forces. From the strategy guide, you still are playing as 'Soap' MacTavish, the SAS solider. There is no mention about them being SEALs, just the normal Marines you have been fighting with.

I expect they are just normal marines in a different uniform.

Comment

:thatsbad:

Comment

Working...
                              X