Cheating - All hot air??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicfurious29 View Post
    While cheaters are far and few they do exist buddy!!! Just look at the amount of people that has ben punk busted. You can consider yourself lucky not to have ran into any cheaters or you can just say you never noticed. I have blatently seen cheaters. Not as much as in some other games but they do exist.
    Exactly the cheaters get busted, not saying they don't exisit as obviously they do. My personal feeling for the issue that it's mostly hot air and speculation I haven't seen any hard data that comprehensively suggests otherwise. Having played quite a bit I've not once found it to be an issue, maybe it's the servers I play on are administered well, anyway thanks for the contribution.

Looking at PB itself there are 3021 bans , BF2 has shipped millions of units so the percentage is very low.

Comment

I think the problem is, that there are far more whiners than cheaters. Too many peopl cry hack when they get owned. I knew alot of times I have a good round, someone cries foul. People are always posting on here, look how someone called me a hacker, etc. So for all of you guys saying Frog needs to open his eyes, maybe you are the ones crying wolf to often.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
        Not an autoclicker, Falcon. An AIMBOT... you know, it guides itself into the target as opposed to requiring your input to do so. That doesn't exist as far as I know.
        There's zillions of those around and you can tell from the trails. Hit Youtube.

I had some retard repeatedly pounding me with the TV as infantry - not the normal aim-at-solider-hit-the-ground-next-to-them type, but literally going parallel to the ground. That's pretty suspicious when the same person is doing it about 30 times in a round. I think it was one of those dA! numbskulls.

Comment

What's the difference if there are or not?

Just play the damn game and have fun.

"Oh no, I die 20 times!" "Oh no, I didn't get the gold star!" "Oh no, I lost a round!"

I mean really... who cares either way?

Comment

How the hell does a grenade aimbot work? Does the distance and height calculations for you or something?

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
              How the hell does a grenade aimbot work? Does the distance and height calculations for you or something?
              There are two types of grenade aimbot:

One is by using a regular grenade. When you hold right-click to prepare to throw the grenade, it shows on the screen where EXACTLY it will hit plus a "sphere radius" which shows its splash damage.

The second type is by using the GL attachment on the Assault guns. The same two features apply here as the regular grenade but it also has the capability to "stick" or lock onto targets (when you press and hold the aimbot key) so it's a sure hit everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                Yup.

Also with the TV aimbot, if you watch a round with a suspected hacker afterwards on BR and watch most his TV missiles, just before they hit a target like a chopper or jet, they jerk in a direction just before impact. Yes some decent players can pull this off most the time increasing the chance to hit a hitbox, but the aimbot does it every single time at exactly the same moment.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                  There's zillions of those around and you can tell from the trails. Hit Youtube.

I had some retard repeatedly pounding me with the TV as infantry - not the normal aim-at-solider-hit-the-ground-next-to-them type, but literally going parallel to the ground. That's pretty suspicious when the same person is doing it about 30 times in a round. I think it was one of those dA! numbskulls.
                  Really? Wow. That really sucks for infies :laugh:

Well, I'm not all that surprised, but it's kind of depressing to see how far it's gone.

Comment

Youtube is full of glitching videos & you can get hacks from "buddies" or you can buy them.

if you dont think theres alot that cheat then thats your business. soon as a game is released the glitchers & hackers start probing for the screen holes in the game.

Comment

I've been accused of hacking countless times, and I have never hacked at all in any game. I have been banned as well from a server because the admins "thought" I was hacking. I guess it is hard for people to distinguish between hackers and non hackers, but it totally gets out of hand. This happenned just recently:

I can post plenty more ss's of the same thing over and over, but theres no point. It's the same thing over and over, I usually get accused of hacking when flying, seems to be what I'm fairly good at in the game, but least to say, hacking is defintely real, hackers are amongst us something should be done about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan673 View Post
                        I've been accused of hacking countless times, and I have never hacked at all in any game. I have been banned as well from a server because the admins "thought" I was hacking. I guess it is hard for people to distinguish between hackers and non hackers, but it totally gets out of hand. This happenned just recently:

I can post plenty more ss's of the same thing over and over, but theres no point. It's the same thing over and over, I usually get accused of hacking when flying, seems to be what I'm fairly good at in the game, but least to say, hacking is defintely real, hackers are amongst us something should be done about it.
                        ^^^i wish i was good enough to be accused:cry:

admin thoughts & proof should be somehow sifted, i mean just cause somebody is kickin azz dont mean there cheating, but certainly should be watched. like the sneeky rat on the other thread as he so boldly proclaim how he "dont get too far ahead so they dont realize you hack" well those type of people will allways be around. like mosquitos on a warm summer nite, ants at a pic nic, roaches in a hotel, fit for nothing but smacking & squashing

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                          He knows if they're hacking or not because he's the admin of the server, so if he suspects someone of hacking, he can just take a PBSS, see all the "hacked" HUD, and then kick/ban the person.
                          we have PBSS on my server as well, and as admin i can tell you it is NOT that EASY, far from it

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy View Post
                          I admin on a 24/7 IO Karkand, and I can tell you, that in any given round, there is at least one cheater. I mean the guy with the aimbot or some other hack they bought. They are everywhere ...every server at some point has one. They are not all that easy to detect and alot are very good at not letting players think they are using them, but they are there. Oh sure, there are some very good players, or the occasional lucky ones, but your really kidding yourself, if you don't think they are there.

I play alot on our server, and aimbot or not, I am not going to get totally owned by anyone. We never, without undeniable proof, accuse players of hacking, but we kick and ban many, everyday. If we do all agree they are or know they are cheating, we just ban with the reason being, too many complaints, and then refer them to our forums if they want to appeal ...which rarely happens. I cannot stand the kids that yell hack, every time they get killed, and hate just as much playing against someone I know is cheating. Thats why we kick without accusations, and if an innocent gets caughtup in the mess, they can appeal, usually getting their ban lifted. The ones that know they are cheating, usually just move on to another server ...sorry. But, until PunkBuster does the job it is meant to be doing, this is the best we can do.
                          this is the reason i have over 200 kicks and 6+ bans, not because I'm a hacker but because you said I'm not going to get completely owned by anyone, well there are people that will completely dominate others because their skill levels are far apart, and if those others getting owned are admin well.. we all know the outcome, i was playing vagrant IO with 31 other players this morning completely dominating, 3x the second score every round, switching weapons every death to mess around because it was so easy and getting called hax every few seconds by corporals and sargeants, funny the colonals and generals never called hack. i can assure you if an admin was on i would have been kicked for "hacking POS" or something along those lines without warning because some pimple faced admin was frustrated at dying repeatedly by my messing his score up that it was just easier to kick me and be done with it. no proof, but how can you tell, the worst part of hackers is everyone suspects everyone that kills them too quickly these days, so no one trusts no one to be playing fair. did i earn my skill after 1500 hours, damn right, but how to prove it.

Comment

Working...
                          X