EA Posts 2Q Net Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Posts 2Q Net Loss

Well, we've all been wondering why it appears that only one person (or less) is working on the 1.4 patch... Perhaps they've been scrambling to do whatever is needed to make money?

Link to Yahoo! News story: EA Posts 2Q Net Loss

not that big of a deal, especially for a game developer. It just means they're spending more money developing games that haven't been released than the games they have out have made. Q3 should show profit for them, and their stocks are on the rise.

Comment

If they keep releasing crap like that POS MOH:A, they're gonna lose even more money. They're not getting my money anymore, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarbear(SID) View Post
        not that big of a deal, especially for a game developer. It just means they're spending more money developing games that haven't been released than the games they have out have made. Q3 should show profit for them, and their stocks are on the rise.
        I am not sure that applies to a company as humongous as EA, they always have a game being released.

Besides what happened to the huge savings they supposedly made when they replaced their entire support department with a modified Eliza script?

Or their new stick with selling gamers "protection" against losing games they already have purchased?

Comment

I think it is more about them making strategic blunders, not taking care of their user base and not adapting to new paradigms in the software life cycle for game development.

For me, the clincher is in lack of support for their current user base. Their lack of action and counterproductive stances on many issues has erroded their user base greatly. Now, many of their greatest supporters are seeking other publisher's games.

I'm choosing to get CoD4 and FFoW before I buy Crysis at a discount next year. The only way I can send a message is to do so with my money. Unfortunately, Crytek will be affected too and they've made what looks to be a great game.

Comment

Actually guys I have a long background in the gaming industry and can assure you that this is usual and not out of the ordinary.

2nd quarter is the summer period where most sales drop off and developers are concentrating for their BIG

3rd and 4th quarters are the key periods.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
              I buy Crysis at a discount next year. The only way I can send a message is to do so with my money. Unfortunately, Crytek will be affected too and they've made what looks to be a great game.
              Same here, I'll wait for the red tag sale.

Comment

Working...
              X