No announcement yet.

why do i sucks at tank :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i used to be a tank in WoW, it was not fun.. i felt used...

Comment

Originally posted by GrossKopf View Post
      One tip I can give is to get a mouse that has toggleble sensitivity on the mouse. My mouse has two buttons that let me increase or decrease the sensitivity as I play. This way I can reduce the sensitivity as I'm aiming if the tank is a little bit off and make it easier to aim.

Also, never get out of your tank because the enemy might take it. If your tank is gonna blow, go down with it. It's a more honorable death than jumping out then getting owned by the tank's MG's.
      Agreed never abandoned a damaged tank or APC. When you get in that thing you take on the obligation to go down with the ship. Well armor in this case.

Use some commonsense, don't get locked in to an alley where your susceptible to C4 or someone placing an AT mine under you. Also practice firing on the move and I can't stress this enough make sure your an engineer so you can support you other armor if the need help repairing.

Mitch

Comment

When going one on one in middle range after you fired your shot make small move changing direction. That can make him miss. Smoke is your friend use it when you have to. When you roll into incoming tank quickly change direction so he can't hit you straight on. Many good tankers aim for your tracks. If you give them 30 or 45 angle it would not do 50 % damage so you have at least one more shot to fire. When you know that incoming vehicle is jihading you need to get him in one so don't even try to use MG just focus on your one shot. If you hit him c4 explosion will do the rest. If you miss you are dead. If you are low on health and you facing APC ram him and lift his belly up. Do not fire because you will die from exploding APC. Just keep pushing him and turn him to side a bit and then quickly reverse and fire when he is back down. Always check mini-map for clues and big map when you hear”armor spotted”. When repairing your tank back it against a wall then drop one mine in front of it so even if you die and someone get into it you will destroy tank and get a kill. Almost nobody pays attention after they kill you and when they think that they going for a joy ride in "YOUR TANK" ROLF. Tank mg is very accurate because there is no recoil on it so use all the time vs. infy and jeeps. Even if you don't finish fast mover maybe you would help your teammates to get him easier.
        Also always be ready for them bailing out from tank. If their tank is open by default they will bail on their left so aim there. You never know, maybe they try to nail you with AT.
        Also when you in the tank you must be SL. Without commander support it is difficult to stay alive all round. Good com. would always lead you to target and will be paying attention to you.
        One more thing: when repairing check if there are any friendliest near by. If so move away a bit. There are many who think if tank is standing there they can just take it away from you (with sniper or medic kit) and just die 5 sec later.

Comment

Originally posted by 9ff View Post
          im better fo sure =)
          Hahah Im sure you are

Comment

always have a path of quick retreat if you get caught off guard by some AT people. Nothing more frustrating then trying to back away and being traped in by a poll.

Comment

Would I be wrong in saying that tanks only suit certain maps?

Tanks are cannon fodder on Oman. The terrain doesn't help them and the Heli & Jet jockeys use them as target practice. I will take an APC over them (on Oman) any day of the week.

As mentioned, being an Engineer = slightly more survival time, but I see tanks being used more from distance to "splash" enemy infantry. Still useless though if there is a competent Helo pilot/gunner in the skies.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Kop View Post
                Would I be wrong in saying that tanks only suit certain maps?

Tanks are cannon fodder on Oman. The terrain doesn't help them and the Heli & Jet jockeys use them as target practice. I will take an APC over them (on Oman) any day of the week.

As mentioned, being an Engineer = slightly more survival time, but I see tanks being used more from distance to "splash" enemy infantry. Still useless though if there is a competent Helo pilot/gunner in the skies.
                Well they are effecive on any map but on some maps it can varry how effective they are by how you control other aspects of the game. For example the skys,buildings, amount of tanks you control....

Comment

There is a very good guide on bf2s.com. But the site doesn't work properly so I uploaded it for you here:http://files.filefront.com/Definitiv.../fileinfo.html This is the best guide I have ever read and I have read a lot of guides.

My own tips in addition to superfly cox's guide:
                  1) Play on servers whit many players on them(at least 40 or so, preferably 64)! The more people are on the server the easier is tanking.

2) Never capture flags! I mean: NEVER(especially on air maps)! Just aim at the spawn points and shoot them constantly from safe distance and from cover (if it is possible), and let your infantry to cap the flag.

3) Use the tank for defending rather than attacking. Attack only if your team is in a better position than the enemy ie. your team has more flags, more vehicles than the other team.

4) Change camera views frequently!

5) Many people stress the importance of shooting while moving. I don't think it's so important. Sure, it's good if you can do that but I think there is something more usefuller. Namely: Using cover. In 1 vs. 1 against another tank the best tactic is to use cover and shoot from long distance. Come out of cover and shoot then immediately go back to cover. Wait a sec untill reloading then repeat. If you get hit, repair while being in cover. Pop smoke before getting out for repairing!

6) The best advice I can give you: Watch the minimap and never be between two enemy flags! Be sure that the flags behind you belong to your team. If one of them get captured by the enemy, drive behind it and do suppressive fire at its spawn points and vehicles until it is captured back.

Comment

Jalalabad is probably the best map for tanking.

Comment

Working...
                    X