What do you look for in a team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Spartan`II7^ View Post
    It works really well, since on most public servers, 2 or 3 ppl who work together and use TS and stuff are usually top of the scoreboard, with up to 50 points difference to the 3rd person.
    Yes, I see that many times, not necessarily me, as I do not know the language of the people around me, but sometimes you see the top players way ahead of the rest, the next thing you notice, they are in a squad.

Even the least form of teamwork leads to great scores, unless you are one of those ownagewtfbbq 40kills no death pwners. Otherwise, no.

Comment

Originally posted by vika09 View Post

Even the least form of teamwork leads to great scores, unless you are one of those ownagewtfbbq 40kills no death pwners. Otherwise, no.

What if you mix the 2

I quite often manage to do that as well, even though it's not a huge achievement on public servers...

Comment

The main thing that I care about that is my squad uses voip, and not to go awe s**t i so pawnd that guy. But to use it for tactical advantage. Like watch out for that apm at silo 5, or lets clean out the top of the titan and than take out console 1. That way your team works together.

Comment

Eh..I'm just happy if there is an active order when i join it, or when i ask for it. Thats how sad pub squad play is here.

Comment

What if you mix the 2

I quite often manage to do that as well, even though it's not a huge achievement on public servers...
            Rarely will you find such a "skilled" player join squads, they tend to avoid squads to maintain their K/D, SPM etc.

Very rarely, I have seen a few (on Thai servers), not enough to be convinced.

Comment

Don't you get a higher SPM if you heal and revive ppl as well as pwning everything?

I played on TG server once with 4 clanm8s and I finished with 57 kills, no deaths and 39 resupply points, all I did was ganz snipers (and whoever didn't get killed by ARs) and resupply my squad.

Comment

Don't you get a higher SPM if you heal and revive ppl as well as pwning everything?

I played on TG server once with 4 clanm8s and I finished with 57 kills, no deaths and 39 resupply points, all I did was ganz snipers (and whoever didn't get killed by ARs) and resupply my squad.
                You don't have to be in a squad to get support points.
                I guess you can get extra for squad points, but you will be focusing on squad members (generally), as a lone wolfer, one would be free to do almost anything.

Comment

Yeah, but with a decent SL and communication, you can get a lot of points out of the squad score system.

Comment

Yeah, but with a decent SL and communication, you can get a lot of points out of the squad score system.
                    Funny, Thais tend not to play well as a squad, but will tend to do better alone.

You find clan squads etc.

Comment

In order:

1. A good commander - nothing like UAVs & supply drops in titan and the old EMP and Orbital Strike on the enemy walker in conquest. preferably the commander will be dending a point when not in comander screen.

2. At least two big squads (5-6 players) who stick together reasonably well. Preferably with voice communication.

3. A couple of people willing to defend - 2 people holding one silo for a round may not be glamorous but it will almost always make the other titan shield go down first.

4. A good gunship pilot & gunner

5. Effective use of transport (multiple guys capping silos fast either in APC, FAV, or transport.

6. No one with a sniper rifle.

Comment

It really depends on the map and gametype, but VERY generally, I like to have 2 Assault, 2 Support, 1 Engineer and 1 Recon. Plenty of muscle to attack or defend, with some flexibility for any special circumstances that may come along during the fight.

Also, yes, without doubt, it helps to have the squad stick together, and even better if they're all competent with all the kits so they can swap if need be and we still remain an effective unit.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowX8001 View Post
                          What does everyone look for in a team? Like a dream team when pubbin lol(if that could happen!) Like teamwork? How much teamwork? How many meds, recons etc in a squad.
                          Someone who does what I tell them to do. I dont care about the kits they choose, but when a problem arises, I expect someone to step and fill the needed kit to eliminate the threat. However, if I get a total retard in my squad who has no intention of supporting the squad, they find themselves thrown out very quickly. I dont waste my time on oxygen thieves.

Usually, I have people that stay in my squads for several rounds until I leave the server as they receive continuous information from me, whether it is intel or the current tactic we are using to achieve a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger_One
                            Ideally, 4 assault, 2 with defibs + smoke grenades, 2 with defibs and PK-Rockets. Then, add a support for suppresive fire and an engineer (just in case).

Strong teamwork (cover eachother's backs), communication, good leadership.

I actually had this happen on a pub server (and, not to brag too much... but I was the Squad Leader :P). It was the best series of rounds I've played to date.

I was going to say, mark the date!

I just need one other mate who will watch my back. I keep my expectations low on pub's

Comment

Working...
                            X