Hmmm...I keep dying...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm...I keep dying...

Yeah, just like the title says. I keep dying. I tried to practice with "Infantry Only" maps and I'm still on the bottom of the list. I just can't seem to get kills. I do everything like everyone else does. If I get in a face off, I go prone and start shooting. Even though I get the 1,000,000 shots, they still kill me. I don't understand how.

Please help me out, I'm quite new to this game.

~RaG

Re: Hmmm...I keep dying...

wat class do u usually play?

if u want kills, play Karkand as MEC medic and use the Ak101. it is pretty much a flamethrower. that gun just mows ppl down

also lower ur settings maybe if ur fps is too low. smoother gameplay makes it easier to frag so ur not stuttering all over the place

out of ammo? bunny hop. ppl will hate u for bunnyhopping but then again..dead people dont hate

Comment

Originally posted by RaG View Post
      I'm quite new to this game.

Theres your problem, youre going up against people who have been at this for like 2.5 years now. Just keep at it, once you start to get more experience youll be able to hold your own out there.

Comment

@ConscriptVirus: I"m enjoying Support a lot. (Spamming grenades + ammunition packs)

@LaikaSB: Eh, I guess so. I really want to squad more though because it's much more fun to be organized.

Anyone have a good clan I can join?

Comment

I almost never go prone, unless i am trying not to be seen. I shoot almost always from the crouched position, I always bring up my iron sights and I am always moving. If they don't know where you are they can't shoot you. I usually end up in the top five on a given round. i also play almost exclusively sniper. I don't know if any of this is useful, but it seems to work for me. I also practically never play Infantry only servers, they seem a bit boring, the kills come too easy.

Comment

@Corkum: What do you mean by "Iron Sights"? Also, whenever I play sniper, I usually get NO kills because I'm having to move a lot and I usually get detected and killed. However, when I find a good spot, no one comes and I'm just bored out of my mind. Can you give me some Sniper tips? (I unlocked both guns @ Lance Corporal)

Comment

Well, i'm not sure I'm qualified to give any sort of true tutorial, but i'll certainly explain how I play sniper. My first piece of advice would be to go into single player mode and learn the maps that you like to play. know where the good sniping vantage points are and where the enemy will attack from. Secondly practice head shots on the bots in single player, they tend to be slower and dumber than most real players. pick a rifle that you like and stick to it. i use the L96A1 almost exclusively. Learn the time it takes for the rifle to become accurate after a shot. finally, try to engage enemies at range, this may seem obvious, but don't charge into the fray first. follow after a squad of guys and pick off enemies that try to engage them. You usually will be spotted last and can finish off guys that have been hurt.
              Here are my stats, so you know I'm not just making this stuff up. http://www.bf2stats.nl/player/38281738/
              I'm certainly not the best sniper on this forum, but I do at least know my way around a rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by RaG View Post
                @ConscriptVirus: I"m enjoying Support a lot. (Spamming grenades + ammunition packs)

@LaikaSB: Eh, I guess so. I really want to squad more though because it's much more fun to be organized.

Anyone have a good clan I can join?
                Try the medic kit so you can keep yourself and your squad alive and you WILL get some more kills. The rifles in the medic kit are pretty accurate as well.

Comment

Try aiming when you shoot Rag. If you want some easy points, you can always start playing medic whore on Karkand like 90% of the bf2 players, you won't even have to use your guns. Notice that this is not an advice.

Comment

I found the original spec ops rifle the best. You don't even need to use the iron sights at closeish ranges. Use the crosshairs, short busts. Move and shoot also works best with this weapon. Crouching is also good. Prone and iron sights only in emergencies.

Comment

Tip for NOT dying: Go medic and heal yourself before you get killed. This involves to leave the firefight and search for a safe place to heal.

Tip for killing: Go Support and pick the RPK (MEC) or the PKM (1st unlock). Both are killing machines if you shoot them in short burst (3 bullets)

Tip for both at once: choose any kit and then join a squad with a lot of medics. You will be revived a lot. I suggest the Assault kit and practice with the grenade launcher. It's an awesome weapon for close and mid range combat if you know how to use it. It's ability to kill in one shot gives you a good advantage. Prone support enemies are your friend. They are an easy target and provide you with some post mortem ammo, lol.

And yes, learn the maps, and learn how a typical match goes. Watch enemy players move from a distance so you know where they go, watch the minimap (UAV). Analyse the behaviour of both teams. Once you know how a typical (IO Karkand) round will turn out (there are only a few possibilities) you know how to play the round to get some kills.

Watch the classes your team plays:
                      1. mostly snipers = everybody camping, most likely to happen on Karkand when each team has one side of the river.
                      2.mostly support: nade spamming at it's best, US will never even take one flag (if you don't do it)
                      3.Mixed classes, medics dominant = real game, ppl going for flags and not for frags (I like that). The best for teamwork and the most fun.

Just adapt to these playing styles, for 1 and 2: if do the same (rhymes with "lame" for a reason) you will not achieve any more skill at all.
                      Or just the opposite then you'll be fine. you will be able to turn the match around. Flanking the campers/nadespammers at the Hotel and shoot them from behind get them pssd. Plus you can just take a flag and end all this nadespamming/claywhoring/snipperbattling. Chances are you get a really good game going then. Kills come with you enjoying the game. So if you have fun, you will have kills.

damnit, long post. Sorry
                      close

FipZ

Comment

Personally I prefer Karkand when the USA have either Square or Suburb flag. It stops the ticket bleed, and it allows everyone to fight properly.

But yeah, the easiest way not to die is to not follow the sheep to the slaughter.

KBK

Comment

Agreed...it's funny sitting on a rooftop and watching your buddys get owned
                          Well...since it's infantry only, i'd either use the medic or the support, and Elfipzo told you the reasons I guess i'm a bit late.
                          If it's ordinary game...just mow everyone down with an Ak101

Comment

Also make sure you're playing on local servers, so you get good ping

Comment

Keep practising, sticking with one kit on I/O will help you get good with it aswell. If you keep swopping kits you dont give yourself enough time to improve.

Comment

Working...
                              X