Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Internationale!

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
    What the flying f**k is "American"? Is that some martian language or something?
    OMG, right i'll explain. He said he finds it hard to understand when the Brit's speak English, The British isles contains England where English originated from, The English then went to America taking with them the English language, and small pox, and thats the reason why today the American's speak English. The reason i brought it up is the way he worded the sentence as though it was the English's fault that he couldnt understand a language that the English invented!!!!!!!

ya get me?

Comment

Originally posted by bazzamattaza View Post
      You do know the main country that lays in the British Isles?
      Alright, it was this bit I didn't understand...

Maybe I should have explained it better the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by [p^]Killundo
        I think that if I put it all on english, then I would hear english people speaking and not know if it was a MEC/Chinese guy.
        That would be good if I play USMC, so I know if the people around me are friendlies or enemies, but when I play MEC or PLA I wouldn't be able to understand anything my commander/squad leader is telling me, or when commanding, I wouldn't know what my team is requiesting.

Comment

i dont do english only, i need to practice reading arabic for skool o_0

Comment

I don't give sh*t on a stick.

But, of course I have learned some things keeping them on. :yay:

Originally posted by Johnny Stupido View Post
            i dont do english only, i need to practice reading arabic for skool o_0
            OK, I see. My minor (veeeeeery minor 1/2 words) knowledge of it + BF2 guys going 'Kumbula Duchania. Aasiff" does nothing for me.

All I can translate is aasiff means something like sorry or apologies (if you play PR Albasrah alot you hear UK guys doing that - no offense to our UK buddies here )]

Of course, Go isn't what I'm used to in vBF. DCon maybe, but vBF tards going KUMBULAAAA!!! I can't understand

And I heard somewhere in Chinese "Pingchao" means refridgerator. Might as well mean retard. :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by bazzamattaza View Post
              He said he can barely understand the Brits when we speak English, he's American.
              Your question is worded funny. Yes I know Britain is the main island and that English came from their i'm not retarded. I can't understand the accents very well.

Originally posted by bazzamattaza
              OMG, right i'll explain. He said he finds it hard to understand when the Brit's speak English, The British isles contains England where English originated from, The English then went to America taking with them the English language, and small pox, and thats the reason why today the American's speak English. The reason i brought it up is the way he worded the sentence as though it was the English's fault that he couldnt understand a language that the English invented!!!!!!!

ya get me?
              Since when did I say it was England's fault I have trouble understanding them? Take a British accent and an American accent and you get a big diffrence in the pronounciantion.

Comment

Hey people! Chill!

As far as it goes with the Brit-vs-Yank debate, there are a couple of things to consider:

1. The world is more exposed to North American accents and language than to British, via Hollywood and the music industry.

This means we non-Yanks are more likely to understand Yanks. 'Period'.

Don't forget - there's Aussies, Kiwis, Irish and all them speaking English as a second language. All of us can mangle the tongue from time to time.

2. The North American accent/vernacular is a case of a land of immigrants sharing a second language. So: Americans speak English to understand each other.

Brit English is more a case of historically knowing your turf. Different accent = head kicked in.

In some ways that hasn't changed much.....

3. Why get shirty about it? ;-)

Comment

How about Scottish?

Comment

Working...
                  X