No announcement yet.

Change path for saving screenshots...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change path for saving screenshots...?

How would one go about changing the save path for saving screenshots in-game?

The problem I am running into is that I use a computer at a cybercafe, and they have all the computers set up so that anything that gets saved, gets saved into an admin account (at the cybercafe) which means that I can't access the screenshots I take without calling one of them over to have them log me off, log themselves on as an admin, find the shot, save the shot to a folder that I can access, log off as admin, log me back on, and call up the picture. And this is just for one screenshot. After that I have to upload it to display it in a forum, which everyone has to do, but, when you factor in all the other crap, it takes forever, especially if they just don't feel in the mood to do all that.

What I'd like to do is change the path directory so that the game would save the shot where I can access it without all of the aforementioned bullcrap.

HELP!!!:shakehead:

Re: Change path for saving screenshots...?

that too would require the Administrator to prob log on to alter the config file

Comment

That would be fine, but I STILL need to know how.

Which also brings up the question, would that affect PB?

Comment

Do you think it would be possible to put fraps on a USB Flash Drive and have it take screenshots directly to the USB Drive?

Comment

That might work too, but we keep running into the same problem. I need to tell BF2 where to save it to, otherwise it will continue sending to the same unaccessable place.

As for fraps, hell, I don't even know what that is, sorry.

Comment

im a bit confused...

r u on a separate windows account to play bf2? if u r, i think u ahve to have admin rights onthe account to play bf2, otherwise u would get an error joining a server. so if u have admin rights, u shoudl be able to access the screenshots. screenshots are usually saved in ur own account's My Documents instead of the Admin's.

Comment

As for fraps, hell, I don't even know what that is, sorry.
              FRAPS, http://www.fraps.com/

Originally posted by [p^]Killundo View Post
              Do you think it would be possible to put fraps on a USB Flash Drive and have it take screenshots directly to the USB Drive?
              Don't see why not, just make a folder on the usb drive to save them to, and then select that folder in the FRAPS screen shot settings. Only thing is convincing the cybercafe owner to install FRAPS (probably jump at the chance as it will save him going through all that other crap).

Comment

Easy.

Use Junction by sysinternals to create a symbolic link between a shared/public screenshots folder and the administrator's My Documents\Battlefield 2\Screenshots folder.

Is this your copy of BF2? With the latest PB update, you don't have to run BF2 under an administrator account.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                  Easy.

Use Junction by sysinternals to create a symbolic link between a shared/public screenshots folder and the administrator's My Documents\Battlefield 2\Screenshots folder.

Is this your copy of BF2? With the latest PB update, you don't have to run BF2 under an administrator account.
                  Not so easy,

The problem I am running into is that I use a computer at a cybercafe

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy{CAN} View Post
                    Not so easy,
                    Get the administrator to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                      Get the administrator to do it?

Which brings us right back to square one!

Comment

Except you only make the symlink once.

Comment

Working...
                        X