Satisfied with 1.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Satisfied with 1.4?

Cant see a big difference really apart from the new map and the IO option. Seems to work though - the real test is over the next few weeks to see if it is stable. The crashes and lost connections are what has been ruining game play for me.

Comment

i completely satisfied.....ive had no problems with the patch, and i dont even notice the changes they made to prone spamming, because i dont flop around on my belly....lol

the infantry only mode is great, forces squad play, u wont stand a chance alone....plus no one wants to walk, and it forces the squad leader to acutally want to stay alive.....

the new map is great, i totally enjoy it, and like having new city to explore and fight in......

i havent CTDed, and got only two problems with my connection, that is a huuuuuge improvement.......that plus the extra content definately satisfies

Comment

Had a day to calm down...

The reason I was upset about the jumping and going prone in mid-air (macros) is that they mentioned adding a delay to prone and crouch... I was hoping this would remove the macro exploits... Obviously I was wrong. I guess I have to get my PKM back out...

On a positive note, no technical probs with the patch. The no vehicles option is very cool. It is nice for us infantry only fans to not have to be stuck playing the same few maps over and over again

Comment

Server crashes and CTD's are still there.

Pathetic.

Comment

Well, patches are supposed to fix things. They fixed CTD's and like 1 bug... YAY. *reports even more wall glitchers*

Comment

yes i love it, best patch. love the map. i dont like the prone to stand delay when shooting.

Comment

For all the wait time i could of been better

Comment

its worse than 1.3!

Comment

I like IO because there are no T-90's around (that's very good for your health)
                    But OMG it's legalised statpadding! strategically brilliant idea but abused by statpadding
                    also my connection problems and ctd's (or mtd's) have dropped for a frame or two

Comment

SO FAR SO GOOD ... I find it to be a bit smoother than before! No issues reported yet, besides the red-blue glitch which is still there ... and some LAG issues, actually got kicked from my favourite SF server, and my ping before 1.4 on that server used to be 20-30 and last night got kicked , after playing for 3-4 hours with NO PROBLEMS AT ALL for HIGH PING of 255 ...:|:

Comment

Originally posted by beaky65
                        Cant see a big difference really apart from the new map and the IO option. Seems to work though - the real test is over the next few weeks to see if it is stable. The crashes and lost connections are what has been ruining game play for me.
                        I'm afraid to say the connection loss that dumps you back to the server browser is still very much there, not addressed.

This is pretty bad since this connection stability issue has been there since the first release it seems.

I've noticed that this issue is intermittant and seems to occur during bad, busy periods of the net. Connection loss seems to happen every few minutes or even seconds sometimes, making it impossible to play a decent game. Other times during the day, the game is completely free of these issues and there are no problems.

I get no issues with any other multiplayer games, I'm not receiving a PB message. It simply has to be BF2's unreliable net code. I wish EA would focus on this one, its a real passion killer!

Comment

Working...
                        X