Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L85A1 killing the pilot of a helicopter...WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L85A1 killing the pilot of a helicopter...WTF?

Yeah all i know is you can shoot out the pilot with a SRAW without destroying the chopper and with the M95....

Comment

could it not be the bug that makes wrong weapons appear in the kill messages?

Comment

I saw the guy shooting towards us with his rifle. I was actually kinda feeling sorry for him since I thought no chance for the poor fellow. Outcome was something else. :dead:

I'll check that recording next weekend just to make it sure. I'll try to get some screenshots...

Comment

It could be a sweet spot i think, once on a empty wake server me and my brother was just shooting at each other when some one else joined and this person got it to an attack chopper and flu over and past my brother, my brother had a M95 and shot the chopper after it had flown pass and was about 200M away with its back or tail towards him and with one shot my brother makes the chopper explode, W/O getting a head shot at the cockpit, and the chopper had just took off from the carrier and had no damage, what's more my brother is 100% uesless at BF2, so i said how did you ever manage that, and he said that he shot a bullet up the tail pipe as it flu away.
          This must have had 100% luck too as this has never happened again with him or me shooting up the tail pipe.

Comment

Considering this is BF2, we have 3 hitboxes inside each other, probably the chopper one is lagging behind the pilot and gunner or something, if those hitboxes were ever to be perfect in sync, the BF2 engine would cause the next big bang.

Comment

Originally posted by SARCONTRACTKILL View Post
              It could be a sweet spot i think, once on a empty wake server me and my brother was just shooting at each other when some one else joined and this person got it to an attack chopper and flu over and past my brother, my brother had a M95 and shot the chopper after it had flown pass and was about 200M away with its back or tail towards him and with one shot my brother makes the chopper explode, W/O getting a head shot at the cockpit, and the chopper had just took off from the carrier and had no damage, what's more my brother is 100% uesless at BF2, so i said how did you ever manage that, and he said that he shot a bullet up the tail pipe as it flu away.
              This must have had 100% luck too as this has never happened again with him or me shooting up the tail pipe.
              The choppers use to have a sweet spot was fixed with on of the patchs (well 2, one was on the tail don't remember that one to clear), but it was the treads and it was a one hit kill at certain angles. You could do it with a gun or a SAW.

Comment

Originally posted by LaikaSB View Post
                Ive killed both the pilot and gunner of a cobra with one shot from the Mi-28 cannon. Dunno if this is normally possible, but Ive never seen that happen before.
                i did this the other day, well i only got the pilot but i got the driver kill too cause he clearly werent paying attention to the fact that he was nosediving

Comment

It happens every one in while with a few of the guns :P.

Comment

I think it has to do with the bullet speed, not the damage. I've modded it so the M4 could always snipe people out of helis, and one of the things is jacking up the bullet speed (I just upped damage and bullet speed). So *MAYBE* it might be because the sum of your momentums => enough energy for it to penetrate the glass and kill (i.e. heli diving fast at player, player walking forward).

Who am I kidding... This is BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Stemnin View Post
                      Considering this is BF2, we have 3 hitboxes inside each other, probably the chopper one is lagging behind the pilot and gunner or something, if those hitboxes were ever to be perfect in sync, the BF2 engine would cause the next big bang.
                      Thatd be my guess.

And Im pretty sure there are vulnerable spots on the chopper because Ive been OHKOed at almost full health by a SRAW several times.

Comment

I have been killed by an enemy medics AK-47 on Wake Island before in the chopper. I was was like "How is that possible." I have also seen a chopper get killed by one hit with the M95.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaicanyouth View Post
                          I have been killed by an enemy medics AK-47 on Wake Island before in the chopper. I was was like "How is that possible." I have also seen a chopper get killed by one hit with the M95.
                          Funny, I took out a BH that I donĀ“t think was smoking ages ago on wake with an AK-47.

Comment

Originally posted by Stemnin View Post
                            if those hitboxes were ever to be perfect in sync, the BF2 engine would cause the next big bang.
                            omg, lol ****ing lol

thats a new sig right there

Comment

you can kill any vehicle except for armor with any weapon if you fire at it as its burning and about to blow. if youre the last one to inflict damage you will get the kill with that weapon

Comment

Working...
                              X