Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L85A1 killing the pilot of a helicopter...WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L85A1 killing the pilot of a helicopter...WTF?

Some weird stuff happened last night. I was piloting a Cobra on Dragon when I noticed a fellow taking Market Place flag. I tilted the nose towards him and asked my gunner to take him out. I saw him starting to shoot agains us with a rifle and suddenly I was killed from the cabin, I thought it was some sniper but no, he was a medic and he was shooting me with L85A1!!! Fock, I even took a screenshot out of this from the logfile and yeah, he killed me with that gun. I was in full health and chopper was near full strenght.

I seem to be a magnet for all the strange stuff in this game. Anyone else experienced this?

Could there be some sweetspots in the cabin plexiglass?

Re: L85A1 killing the pilot of a helicopter...WTF?

its possible..but quite unlikely

Comment

I wouldnt of thought you could do it but yeh that is pretty weird .

Comment

ouch, why would he even shoot the chopper with such a weak gun, he mustve known what itll do! CONSPIRACY!

ps, did the chopper crash afterwards?

Comment

Wow, that's trippy. I've heard of this happening with the pkm, but by your wording this guy knew what he was doing. Maybe I'll run some tests on lan.

Comment

are you positive he was one that killed you? did chopper explode or just drop? if chopper was smoking he could of killed you with small arms, but it said you were killed with L85? wow, can u post screenshots, not that i dont belive you, i just like to see

Comment

I've only ever done it with an Eryx...

Comment

Originally posted by Chael
                Wow, that's trippy. I've heard of this happening with the pkm, but by your wording this guy knew what he was doing. Maybe I'll run some tests on lan.
                Nah, the amount of noobs that stand there and shoot as a chopper flys towards them ... Always makes me laugh when a support stands and shoots, don't know what they hope to achieve but it's fun none the less

Comment

Originally posted by Ins View Post
                  Nah, the amount of noobs that stand there and shoot as a chopper flys towards them ... Always makes me laugh when a support stands and shoots, don't know what they hope to achieve but it's fun none the less
                  Its not pointless at all, when choppers are fighting i always keep a good aim on the enemy one as if it smokes/fire all i have to do is get 1 pistol shot on it and 2 free kills

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
                    Its not pointless at all, when choppers are fighting i always keep a good aim on the enemy one as if it smokes/fire all i have to do is get 1 pistol shot on it and 2 free kills
                    ^^^exactly, it is good to allways shoot, i've brought transport down with pkm before, noob sit there while i shot it forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Stemnin View Post
                      ps, did the chopper crash afterwards?
                      Not immediately, my gunner managed to gain control just before it crashed on trees. The same guy who killed me took the APC and shot the chopper down since it took heavy damage from the trees. You can see it also from the clip, my gunner was =FU=fiberduck

Here is the screenshot:

It was on TV2 server 21 or 26. Server runs Battle recorder, so I might check the clip and see it again. The picture is created 00:48 GMT +2 when I finished playing. That round is somewhere between 23:00-00:30, if someone wants to see it by any chance.

Comment

Eh, who knows. Weird things happen on occasion.

Comment

Lets see the battlerecorder, make a small video. This is amazing! I must know more!

Comment

I've been TKed out of a chopper on Wake by a shotgun.

Comment

Ive killed both the pilot and gunner of a cobra with one shot from the Mi-28 cannon. Dunno if this is normally possible, but Ive never seen that happen before.

The best part is that when I killed them, the chopper was hovering maybe 20 feet up, so it survived the fall and I took it.

Comment

Working...
                              X