Features of BF3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features of BF3

I was playing BF2 a little bit ago, and as I was running down an empty street towards the Hotel CP in Karkand, my mind began to wander. It was at this time I was shot dead by an enemy standing directly in the middle of said street. :cry:

Well, after re-spawning as a Sniper, I took my trusty Barret and proceeded to the nearest rooftop, where I could lay down on the hot tar roof and continue mentally exploring the destination my mind had wandered to before I was so rudely interrupted by this soldier's bullet to my aorta.

I was wondering ways in which BF3 could be improved upon over it's glorious predecessor. And a list arose in my head. :banana:
    • Grenade Spamming Controls
    • Vehicle Distribution System
    • Better Map Interactivity
    • Commander Voting System

These are just a few of the things. Let me explain them as best as I understood them myself.

- Grenade spamming. Enough said. But seriously. I was thinking of something along the lines of something as simple as the game allowing a nade throw every X amount of seconds, or something like that.

- A simple system that works like this. When you reach a vehicle spawn point, and the vehicle isn't there, you activate a control panel next to the spawn point or something like it that automatically takes your name down and puts you in a queu. And then, the next vehicle that spawns can only be driven the next name up. I know, I know, requires alot of tweaking but this is only a BASE idea at the moment, and I am guessing would work best for aircraft only at the moment.

- More things to do on the map! As in, blowing up objective A causes power in enemy base to go down, prohibiting vehicle spawns and whatnot until they repair their own power station. ALOT more can be done with this idea....

- A voting system that allows players at the end of a round to vote how well a commander performed at his duties. And his overrall score is averaged and can be accessed by all players at the beginning of a game to see if Mr. X, who is applying for commander, is really worth it, and how he might compare to someone else who might be applying for the same post.

Again....all of these are just ideas......I urge you to run with these and expand on them and create brand new things in replying to this post. Hope to see ALOT of great ideas that I didn't even think about..Oh..and I apologize for the long *** post...truly. :blabla:

|X-Fire: Borohir|BF2: Sgt-Hallock| My Stats

- "A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon :salute:

Re: Features of BF3

Grenade Spamming Controls

Sure, just like how prone & bunny hop spamming controls work SO well in BF2...

Comment

No need for a distribution system. Air vehicles should be earned, not won by queue: a meritocracy through a multi-level licensing system with level/rank prioritization would suffice and actually work. We wouldn't have to worry about dumbf*cks hindering their team by misusing an important asset anymore, as they would have to prove their worth in the licensing tests.

Simply put, the licensing system could have several levels, like...

Level D: Basic, functional control over the vehicle and related systems.
      Level C: Intermediate control over the vehicle and successful navigation of an obstacle course.
      Level B: Advanced control over the vehicle, successful navigation of an obstacle course and defeating/destroying required enemies and/or objects.
      Level A: A more complex and difficult version of B-level.

Something like that, anyway. By prioritization, I mean...

One C-level, two B-level and one A-level players are gathered around a vehicle spawn area, waiting for it to appear. Regardless of who "pings the vehicle first", A would have priority over the other ranks, and whichever B-level pinged the vehicle next would sit in as well. The other two would have to find something else to do.

This would ensure competency in air vehicles, competition among the teams, better teamwork through proper use of the vehicles and other benefits I'm too tired to think of.

Before anyone asks, I'll say it right away: no, I don't care that you paid to play. I don't care that you think it's your right to fly just like anyone else. Learn outside of ranked play and take the licensing tests like the rest of BF3 players: if you're good enough, you will have earned your right to use the vehicle. Otherwise, go cap a flag or do something else...

Unlicensed players would still be able to take vehicles, just not in the presence of licensed players. It's always possible that an unlicensed and B-level (for example) licensed player would be waiting together for a helicopter: seeing as it's a two-seater, the former would get a chance to fly since no one else was waiting.

You get the idea.

Comment

The scope of the levels have to improve.

Comment

COD4 ftw

Comment

The idea I would like to see is better infantry combat. It`s too half-arsed.
            BF2 would have been so much better if they had focused on each gameplay element thoroughly, not just mix all the s*it together and see what comes out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
              No need for a distribution system. Air vehicles should be earned, not won by queue: a meritocracy through a multi-level licensing system with level/rank prioritization would suffice and actually work. We wouldn't have to worry about dumbf*cks hindering their team by misusing an important asset anymore, as they would have to prove their worth in the licensing tests.

Level C: Intermediate control over the vehicle and successful navigation of an obstacle course.
              Level B: Advanced control over the vehicle, successful navigation of an obstacle course and defeating/destroying required enemies and/or objects.

One C-level, two B-level and one A-level players are gathered around a vehicle spawn area, waiting for it to appear. Regardless of who "pings the vehicle first", A would have priority over the other ranks, and whichever B-level pinged the vehicle next would sit in as well. The other two would have to find something else to do.

This would ensure competency in air vehicles, competition among the teams, better teamwork through proper use of the vehicles and other benefits I'm too tired to think of.

Before anyone asks, I'll say it right away: no, I don't care that you paid to play. I don't care that you think it's your right to fly just like anyone else. Learn outside of ranked play and take the licensing tests like the rest of BF3 players: if you're good enough, you will have earned your right to use the vehicle. Otherwise, go cap a flag or do something else...

Unlicensed players would still be able to take vehicles, just not in the presence of licensed players. It's always possible that an unlicensed and B-level (for example) licensed player would be waiting together for a helicopter: seeing as it's a two-seater, the former would get a chance to fly since no one else was waiting.

You get the idea.
              basically this would benefit you. because your so good with the heli, you would rig it that if anyone else wanted a go they would have to be extremely good.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtHallock View Post
                - Grenade spamming. Enough said. But seriously. I was thinking of something along the lines of something as simple as the game allowing a nade throw every X amount of seconds, or something like that.
                Project Reality ftw

Comment

You get the idea.

The only thing I would change is that when the Level A gets in, a Level D is paired up with him

Comment

Wow so confusing! I think I like the wait on the pad and hope you don't get tked method better. :P

Comment

nade spamming.

It's retarded now... I run around somewhere and I'm all alone and 2-5 people will all lug there nades at me?!!? wtf?

I understand the group orgie kills but before I get killed by a senseless nade I'm counting how many go off and how many continue to go off after.

Bytheway, I had the same idea on controlling the nade spamming too.

I see more people are choosing c. My advice to them is to try SF out if they haven't done so already or try to get in on HBD's 24/7 IO great wall 16 player size 32 players max - It is a great io map and there is usually a lot of teamwork involved if you want to win and being EF, teamwork is always accounted for.

Comment

You get the idea.
                        If everyone started out at zero when the game is released, would the vehicle remain forever unusable?

Comment

I like the Map Idea the best. Instead of just capping flags, have like a second objective. Like destroy a radar tower near by, or something. Something instead of capping, and blowing up commander toys. Or... Set a fuse so the IDK... bridge blows or something.

Nade idea - Ehh, its a good idea.. but this is BF, wont happen.

Tank Que- NO! NO! Then there will never be tanks or something. Pressing a button so the next tank spawn is urs and urs only. Thats just dumb.. Wont happen, not real life.

Comment

I think maps need to have place where you have it work to get to because most of the time hard to get areas are hard to get because EA didn't intend for it to be that way. just some pre-planed roof are something that was ment to be jump to and still has the OMFG im going to die if i miss feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411 View Post
                              basically this would benefit you. because your so good with the heli, you would rig it that if anyone else wanted a go they would have to be extremely good.
                              I have no doubt experienced pilots would benefit from such a system, but you're missing the big picture: with this system, there would be competition in the air and teams would benefit from their talented pilots, as opposed to losing tickets and flag capture opportunities.

I never denied my intentions for this to be a meritocratic system.

Originally posted by weeyoo View Post
                              If everyone started out at zero when the game is released, would the vehicle remain forever unusable?
                              I already addressed that part. Unlicensed players would still be able to use the vehicles, just not when licensed players are around: at this point, it would be their job to go through licensing requirements in order to acquire a level... that would help them get a seat in their vehicle of choice.

I don't know why I'm expounding on this because as much as I would like, it won't come to fruition. Good for the average players, I guess...

Comment

Working...
                              X