Only half a cheater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Only half a cheater

You're correct OP, It is true and it is sad that some people out there are actually using only some mods that help gain the advantage. Back then it would of never been made it through a single server but now that punk buster doesn't care for BF2 much, you can pretty much expect almost anything from half a cheat to a pint of cheats.
    People use mods to help them play instead of using aim-bot so the game won't get boring. It's kinda like not using GOD mode but only using the unlimited ammo or money cheat so that the game is still playable.

Comment

Why waste time using aimbots or mods when you can just look at your enemy - even on the HUD - and zap him with your eyes of death?

Even better - have an instant win mod.

After all - it's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts.

Even more after all - it's about having fun and getting away from the day job/class.

Seems online games are going the way of the internet - an add on for masturbation. :shakehead:

I wish these fecknuts would simply play against themselves, as this is what their doing, and having a negative impact on regular people's fun.

Comment

You can be a half a cheater on your woman when for example you only make out with another one but you don't have sex. In bf2 you can be a half a cheater if let's say you stat pad by yourself only, without using the help of anybody else. For example I think I read a post here somewhere how somebody spent the required time sitting in the transport chopper or on a ground defense, without engaging enemies just so he can get the required badge. That's a half a cheater for me which I don't think deserves stats reset just because he was sitting idle in the chopper. On the other hand, everytime there is a group of stat padders padding together, or when people use hacking programs, that's a full cheater and the punishment should be stats reset.

Comment

This makes no sense. Read what you're typing, especially thoughs who agree with the topic post or have their own variations of "half a cheat" like the above ^^ post.

Half a cheat?

Is the world really doomed because of global warmming or just pure stupidity?

Comment

I'm half a murderer.

Comment

Half a cheater is to cut a cheater in half.

Half of a cheater is 50% of a cheater.

You really can't have either.

Comment

look u can't be half a cheater your either a cheater or a non-cheater
                got it

Comment

I got my purple heart by trying to get killed on purpose. Was that cheating, not cheating or something in between? If it was cheating, should EA reset my stats for that, or not since it wasn't very serious cheating? If that's the case, there are different levels/degrees of cheating, some more serious that others. If there are different levels of cheating, there is definitely 50% cheating too, or half a cheater.

Comment

I know that, I'm just stating out the fact that it's sad to know that people(especially high rankers) uses mods to help them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade View Post
                      I got my purple heart by trying to get killed on purpose. Was that cheating, not cheating or something in between? If it was cheating, should EA reset my stats for that, or not since it wasn't very serious cheating? If that's the case, there are different levels/degrees of cheating, some more serious that others. If there are different levels of cheating, there is definitely 50% cheating too, or half of a cheater.
                      It's not cheating. It's just dumb.

Comment

Despite everyone scoffing at the OP, I think this is a valid question on some level. It has come up in the past before in other locations where certain actions are questionable and not necessarily a cheat. Of course subjectivity plays a huge role in these things. But I think overall it's possible to define a rating level of how "bad" a given "advantage" is.

For instance, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst cheat and 1 being the most controversial as to whether or not to even consider it a cheat I've quickly pulled together the following:
                        10 - commander hack, aimbot, wallhack, no fog
                        9 - glitching into buildings not meant to be entered
                        8 -
                        7 -
                        6 - Special character codes in config files to make your name show up larger/different color to other people
                        5 - Playing on a PK type of server
                        4 - Macro programs (e.g. JoyToKey)
                        3 -
                        2 -
                        1 - Drawing a dot on the center of your screen with a marker
                        I think anything 6+ should automatically be considered a "cheat" and subject to pretty much the harshest punishment around. Anything 1-5 however needs further investigation and understanding of the situation in order to understand it's exact impact.

Obviously things like computer upgrades or various hardware options readily available (speed pads, different types of mice, widescreen, etc) could be considered unfair advantages also, but they are just the nature of the beast. For all intents and purposes, you could label them with a 0 I guess.

But honestly, this is an interesting topic. So quickly are people ready to claim OMG CHEATER, and I think that is honestly good. But the truth of the matter is frequently there are other things to consider when you start getting in to things like macros for instance. I mean originally they were straight up taboo in BF2. Then Logitech got into bed with EA and had them amend the policy and voila, now suddenly macros are okay. Clearly the type of macro employed could still be questionable though. How about say a dolphin diving macro versus a heli soloing macro that simply switches your seat and changes you to TV mode.

Sometimes it's not always so cut and dry. Even as much as I'd like it to be.

Comment

Only a New england fan would think along those lines of logic......

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade View Post
                            I got my purple heart by trying to get killed on purpose. Was that cheating, not cheating or something in between? If it was cheating, should EA reset my stats for that, or not since it wasn't very serious cheating? If that's the case, there are different levels/degrees of cheating, some more serious that others. If there are different levels of cheating, there is definitely 50% cheating too, or half a cheater.
                            I got my purple heart by natural lack of ability...

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherEd View Post
                              Despite everyone scoffing at the OP, I think this is a valid question on some level. It has come up in the past before in other locations where certain actions are questionable and not necessarily a cheat. Of course subjectivity plays a huge role in these things. But I think overall it's possible to define a rating level of how "bad" a given "advantage" is.

For instance, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst cheat and 1 being the most controversial as to whether or not to even consider it a cheat I've quickly pulled together the following:

I think anything 6+ should automatically be considered a "cheat" and subject to pretty much the harshest punishment around. Anything 1-5 however needs further investigation and understanding of the situation in order to understand it's exact impact.

Obviously things like computer upgrades or various hardware options readily available (speed pads, different types of mice, widescreen, etc) could be considered unfair advantages also, but they are just the nature of the beast. For all intents and purposes, you could label them with a 0 I guess.

But honestly, this is an interesting topic. So quickly are people ready to claim OMG CHEATER, and I think that is honestly good. But the truth of the matter is frequently there are other things to consider when you start getting in to things like macros for instance. I mean originally they were straight up taboo in BF2. Then Logitech got into bed with EA and had them amend the policy and voila, now suddenly macros are okay. Clearly the type of macro employed could still be questionable though. How about say a dolphin diving macro versus a heli soloing macro that simply switches your seat and changes you to TV mode.

Sometimes it's not always so cut and dry. Even as much as I'd like it to be.
                              Very nice reply posted as expected from a Colonel Rank, it's not every day your thread gets a proper answer.
                              Mods and Macros should not be allowed in any games because it makes it EZ mode.
                              Having mods and macros is like having a car that has auto drive or a car that runs on rails and you're just there sitting inside for the ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X