Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tv Missile Issue

Hi,

Having played for a few months around a year ago, i became fairly good at using the tv missile and taking things out. However after a long spell i have re-purchased the game and everything is working fine, but for some reason, i cannot hit anything with the TV Missile unless the target is not moving.

So my question is does anyone know why it would be that i cannot seem to direct it anymore. My mouse works fine and when i right click i get the screen then if its say a moving chopper i will place it on or in front of it and when it changes direction, i cannot seem to get the missile to move?

Any hints/help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Apinkmist.

Re: Tv Missile Issue

Practice, obviously? I suggest you go into single player mode, and practice.. I doubt that it's something other then not playing as much..

Comment

Try lowering your settings. You probably don't have a high FPS which will make it harder to TV people. Also make sure your ping is low.

As for tving choppers, go for the tails.

Comment

Thanks for your reply System. I do think it has something to do with that, rather than practice, i know what i have to do, but cannot seem to do it now, different pc and location.

As for the FPS and Ping, most of the time my ping is between 70 and 100 and the fps, if i am reading it propertly is the red numbers in the top left? When i last played it was 15/66.7 Is that bad, if so, do you know how i can increase it?

Thanks
        Apinkmist.

Comment

yeah 15/66.7 is considered bad. (it means ur getting 15 fps) actually in fact, the minimum that the game tells u is 15 so u are probablygetting something even lower. turn down some settings. oh and if u want to see ur true fps, type game.lockfps 0 and it wont put a max/min on wat fps it reads.

Comment

Originally posted by Apinkmist View Post
            When i last played it was 15/66.7 Is that bad, if so, do you know how i can increase it?
            If it gives those numbers all the time you have bigger problems than low frame rate. That is a bug/glitch in the game that locks your frame rate to those numbers. I don't remember ever seeing a definitive fix for it (uninstall/re-install the game, etc). Hopefully someone will see this and remember seeing the thread(s) with the fix.

As you can see,

Comment

hmm never heard about that bug.

wat are ur system specs btw?

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                hmm never heard about that bug.

wat are ur system specs btw?

Hi, and thanks for your replys.

I think that is the worst i have had, i got booted from a couple of servers the other night whilst playing and i guess that is why.

My specs are

Optima xp home edition 5.1 build
                Pentium 4 cpu 3.06 ghz
                1534mb ram
                directx version 9?
                nvidia geforce fx5200
                memory 128mb

Is that enough to play at the same level as others?

If you think i need to update something, let me know but i thought it would be enough. I am still trying to find some answers about the 15/66.7

Any further info would be appreciated.

Comment

Well yeah,

That GFX-card s*cks. Sorry if I say so..

To get better performance you'll need to upgrade your GFX-card seriusly..

Comment

With a 5200 you're looking at all low, with a couple possibly off, and 800x600.

Originally posted by Apinkmist
                    I am still trying to find some answers about the 15/66.7

Any further info would be appreciated.
                    Start looking,

Comment

Could be that you were having a lucky spell and now your skills are showing through about TV guiding...

Comment

It's your graphics card, yuck.

Comment

if u force 1.4PS on ur 5200 ur game runs alot better btw. plus on 1.4PS, u wont get the liquidy screen on the tv missile screen. itll be like how it was b4 the patch where tehy added that screen. check out my guide

Comment

I think now would be a good time to upgrade your video card. AGP cards are still available and fairly cheap now. I just bought a 7600GT for $ 109 after rebate on newegg. With a decent video card, your computer should be fine for years to come.

Comment

Working...
                            X