Volume Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Control

Perhaps someone has a similar problem and can shed some light on my recent problem. I have an issue with volume when I play BF2. There are times when I log on, hit the mute button on my headset to talk to someone in the room (not on vent), hit the mute to resume talking on vent, and silence. I then find that the volume is completely turned off and I cant hear anything. So I exit the game, go back to windows, and see that the volume is turned all the way down. And when I try to turn it back up, it falls back down on its own. In order to correct the issue, I usually resort to rebooting and re-launching vent, xfire, and BF2 - taking care not to hit the mute button. I have also unchecked voice speak within BF2, but it doesn't seem to matter. Additionally, my mic is unaffected by this problem. Mind you I can work around the issue but it is a real pain. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Here are my system specs-
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Hard Drive: WD 2500JS 80 GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT
    Monitor: Dell UltraSharp 19" FP LCD
    Sound Card: onboard
    Speakers/Headphones: Logitech Premium USB Headset 350
    Keyboard: Saitek
    Mouse: Logitech G5
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.

Re: Volume Control

Originally posted by smoovb View Post
    Speakers/Headphones: Logitech Premium USB Headset 350

The logitech USB headsets I think sometimes install its own software to work thus causing issues with Windows settings or default settings that are used whiel in game and in just windows. You might think about switching to a set that power from USB but get outputs and hook input through the sound card hookups rather than USB.

Comment

Working...
    X