Game Won't Run Since Monitor Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Won't Run Since Monitor Upgrade

I recently upgraded from a 19" CRT monitor to a 22" LCD. The game ran fine before. Now when I start it up, it goes to black screen and then returns me to the desktop. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro.

I updated the graphics card drivers and set my monitor to the recommended setting (1680 x 1050). I even deleted the game completely from my hard drive and reinstalled along with the 1.41 patch.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am dying to run BF2 with the new monitor. Thanks.

Re: Game Won't Run Since Monitor Upgrade

Originally posted by seaneroo View Post
    I recently upgraded from a 19" CRT monitor to a 22" LCD. The game ran fine before. Now when I start it up, it goes to black screen and then returns me to the desktop. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro.

I updated the graphics card drivers and set my monitor to the recommended setting (1680 x 1050). I even deleted the game completely from my hard drive and reinstalled along with the 1.41 patch.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am dying to run BF2 with the new monitor. Thanks.
    all i know is, well let me tell you what happens to me, maybe it might help, i have a 1440x900 widescren & in game settins its not there, so i dont think thats your problem i think its your refresh rate, cause when i change mine my bf2 game does same exact thing, check your refresh rate , if its anything other than 60hz try putting it down on 60 reboot & see. ya might have to play with it till ya figure it out.
    heres path to check it>

right click on desktop/properties/settings/advanced tab/monitor tab

GL:salute:

Comment

I checked my refresh rate, and it was already at 60. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Comment

hm try deleting the profiles folder

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles

this should restart all ur settings to default but ull have to login again (so dont forget ur password/username)

Comment

I did delete my profiles. That's not it. Keep the suggestions coming!

Comment

oh wats the native resolution of ur monitor?

try right clicking on the short cut -> properties -> and in the Target Box, make it look like wats below excpet u add the bolded part

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

but instead of 1280 x 1024, change those to ur native resolution numbers

Comment

Update directX..

Download DirectX Redistributable June 2010 - Create an ideal platform for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements, such as full-color graphics, video, 3D animation, and audio

Comment

Sounds like a resolution problem

Here is what you can run whatever at as it is a weak card.

Monitor Resolution Hz
                640x480 120
                800x600 120
                1024x768 120
                1152x864 120
                1280x1024 120
                1600x1200 85
                1920x1080* 16:9 75
                1920x1200 75
                1920x1440 75
                2048x1536 60

If anything at this point with that nice monitor you got..I suggest getting a more powerful video card.

Comment

OK, it looks like the problem is with the video card, which needs to be upgraded.

Any suggestions on the best video card available that will fit into an AGP or regular PCI slot (my motherboard can't accomodate PCI Express)?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

wats ur budget for a new video card? (how much are u willing to spend?)

u can get a 7600GT for about $100 or less now

Comment

I'm willing to spend up to around $300.

Comment

Originally posted by seaneroo View Post
                        I'm willing to spend up to around $300.
                        Dang, can i borrow 50ty? <ok sarcasim

dude, go with AGP, PCI is weak stream.

AGP= Accelerated Graphic Port, im not very good on what cards are the best ones so i wont add nothing but that.

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe0171
                          Dang, can i borrow 50ty? <ok sarcasim

dude, go with AGP, PCI is weak stream.

AGP= Accelerated Graphic Port, im not very good on what cards are the best ones so i wont add nothing but that.
                          AGP is old now.

PCI-Express is the latest bus but you have to make sure your motherboard has it.

Set your desktop resolution to 800x600, refresh rate 60Hz and it should run.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                            AGP is old now.

PCI-Express is the latest bus but you have to make sure your motherboard has it.

Set your desktop resolution to 800x600, refresh rate 60Hz and it should run.
                            yeah i know, i was talkin about his system, unless i misread he said he Didn't have a PCI-E and didnt know which would be bette agp or pci

Comment

Originally posted by seaneroo
                              OK, it looks like the problem is with the video card, which needs to be upgraded.

Any suggestions on the best video card available that will fit into an AGP or regular PCI slot (my motherboard can't accomodate PCI Express)?

Thanks for the help!
                              I suggest the 7800GT AGP card
                              Buy BFG Tech GeForce 7800GS 256MB GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card BFGR78256GSOC with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

But be ADVISED that you may or may not have to upgrade power supply for this or any other card to run it or another.

A minimum 400W system power supply (with 12V current rating of 20A or more)
                              Thats what that 7800GT requires.

Comment

Working...
                              X