X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Won't Run Since Monitor Upgrade

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
    I suggest the 7800GT AGP card
    Buy BFG Tech GeForce 7800GS 256MB GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card BFGR78256GSOC with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

But be ADVISED that you may or may not have to upgrade power supply for this or any other card to run it or another.

Thats what that 7800GT requires.
    I didnt look close but i found this at tiger for 129.00, looked the same as the newegg, but i probably missed something.
    this one says minimum 350W PSU, but really it wouldnt hurt to get to atleast 450 or up.

Comment

Thanks for all the great input, guys. I ran over to the local electronics store to pick up a new card to confirm this is the problem. I installed a Radeon X1300 and it solved the problem.

Not sure if I will keep or return the card and get something better. How does the Radeon X1300 stack up against other AGP cards?

Comment

Originally posted by seaneroo View Post
        Thanks for all the great input, guys. I ran over to the local electronics store to pick up a new card to confirm this is the problem. I installed a Radeon X1300 and it solved the problem.

Not sure if I will keep or return the card and get something better. How does the Radeon X1300 stack up against other AGP cards?
        Take it back !! That card sucks balls. My 2 1/2 year old X800XT will eat it for lunch !! At least get a X1650 XT or a X1950 if your P.S. can handle em

Comment

Originally posted by seaneroo View Post

Hate might be right i donno, im sure he knows what he is talkig about, but like he said stronger the card more strain on system like psu etc.

how does it run on high , all your settings on high? turn on your fraps if you dont have that get your fps up in game see what you run.

i idle 100fps, normal gaming it moves to 70fps, at the worst mine hits 25-30fps but thats not often only if lotsa action around.

but mine is avg. so if you dont get that i'd take it back.

p.s. will the let your return it? they wont around here

Comment

im gonna agree with hate. x1300 isnt that good in my book. but first, wat kindof x1300 did u get? xt? cf?

Comment

Check here to compare side-by-side. Great website. x1300 is not very powerful. as you will see. http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html

Comment

OK guys, this is my final report. I finally decided to upgrade the X1300 and have a Radeon x1950 Pro on its way via UPS. This is probably the highest end graphics card I will be able to run given the limitations of AGP and my power source. I know some of you swear by NVidia, but the deciding factors for me were the comparison chart BP Crusher linked to and the following review from the same site:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/10/...p_card_for_260

This has been quite a learning experience. I hadn’t realized video cards had progressed so far in the last four years. My Radeon 9700 was top-of-the-line when I purchased my computer in 2003. I hadn’t even heard of PCI-Express until a few days ago.

The X1950 Pro should be able to carry the load until I buy a new system in a couple of years.

Thanks for all the great information and advice!

Comment

Good choice m8 , you shall be happy !

Comment

Working...
                  X