Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why dont the snipers rifle scopes look like those in HL2 insurgency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why dont the snipers rifle scopes look like those in HL2 insurgency?

By the way people, he's talking about specularity on the scopes and other things, not the bloody crosshairs.

Comment

here is an example of what the scope in insurgency looks like..

BF2 was made for fun and large scale battles and insurgency was made for smaller maps, and pure realism..not fun so there are alot of frustrating moments int he game and its still in a early phase. it will get better to those who were disappointd.

Comment

There's just certain things the engine can't do.. the BF2 and Source engines are completely different, so just because the BF2 engine was released earlier doesn't mean it can do everything the Source engine can't.

Especially when you don't have the source code.

Comment

^^ I dont think you can have different zoom levels on the screen at the same time with the BF2 engine.. Am i right?

Comment

im sure u can force it somehow but it wouldnt be very good. also, its not really needed to have the differnet zoom levels. its the crosshairs ur concentrating on so everything else isnt really important.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
              ^^ I dont think you can have different zoom levels on the screen at the same time with the BF2 engine.. Am i right?
              I think BF2 manages the zooming by making the FOV smaller.

Comment

If they wanted to make the Insurgency scope more realistic they should leave the outsides visible but blur it out heavily.

Comment

Just ask EA/DICE te same question, and ones they are convinced that you are a nice guy, hopefully they will make the scope just like in Insurgency in the next patch. Until then accept the fact that this is bf2, play the way it is and don't be wasting your time starting pointless threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Graphic View Post
                    If they wanted to make the Insurgency scope more realistic they should leave the outsides visible but blur it out heavily.
                    Games simulating eye phenomena look like ****e and handle like ****e. Your eyes do the blurring automatically. I can't stand the Crysis motion blur, it's so artificial. Let frame rates come up high enough to actually do natural blurring instead of artificial crap and concentrate on actual graphical improvements. Things like motion blur, depth of field, etc are just not needed and would not be if they made the game right in the first place.

Comment

because its bf2

Comment

why the hell should bf2 take after a mod for hl 2?

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                          Games simulating eye phenomena look like ****e and handle like ****e. Your eyes do the blurring automatically. I can't stand the Crysis motion blur, it's so artificial. Let frame rates come up high enough to actually do natural blurring instead of artificial crap and concentrate on actual graphical improvements. Things like motion blur, depth of field, etc are just not needed and would not be if they made the game right in the first place.
                          Sounds like someone's bitter about having a ****ty computer. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Graphic
                            Sounds like someone's bitter about having a ****ty computer. :cry:
                            Uh, no, not really

Comment

Working...
                            X