Helicopter in SF and BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopter in SF and BF2

I don't think has been talked about but I could be wrong did a search before any says do a search.

In SF is the Helicopter harder to fly than the ones in BF? Just seems that I have more control over the Helicopter in BF2 than SF what your thoughts?

Re: Helicopter in SF and BF2

yeh i think the sf helis are more drifty compared to the ah and the alikes

Comment

Yeh it seems the choppers in sf are faster at moving but im a rubbish pilot anyways so it doesnt make any difference lol

Comment

Yes, the Choppers in SF are like a flying ton of bricks. They are also easier to take down with 50 cal rounds from a pickup truck. It also takes getting used to the TV missile, since it points closer to a 45 degree angle down instead of the nearly straight view on the Vanilla choppers.

Comment

The Apache is a good machine to fly. Can't get enough of it, especially night flying on Leviathan.

The Hind on the other hand, is another story. I just don't like what they did with this helicopters characteristics. I think it's crap. The only bird in BF I tend to stay away from.

With time, your skills with these machines will improve. You can only get better!

Comment

I have a ton of hours in SF choppers, they are a lot of fun. I don't think they are harder to fly.... only different, and each requires a different technique. The Apache is like a sports car with its quick response, and with the close rocket spread it's great for taking out infantry as well as any vehicle (land or air). The key to the Apache is if you get into a skid you cant break out of, turn into the turn to break out of it.

The hind feels a little big sluggish but can hold spins, circles and strafes indefinitely, even with the nose down vertical. Its wide rocket spread isn't as good taking out armor at distance, but its good for infantry, and very predicable. Knowing the odd rocket shoots from the left side, and the even from the right is key for 1 rocket shots on infantry. I usually go with 2 to be safe though. The hind also takes about 1.5~ seconds to start spinning when you switch seats, which is great for solo TV's as well as chain gunning.

As stated above both SF choppers gunners TV view is way lower than the Vanilla choppers, and the gunner really has to rely on the pilot to set him up for a TV shot. the TV view is centered about 1" below the horizontal gunners 'view' box.

damn all these churrasco videos make me want to put together a SF chopper vid.
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa View Post
              damn all these churrasco videos make me want to put together a SF chopper vid.
              You should. I've yet to see a chopper ace make a vid in SF. Maybe because it's too big of change from vanilla to SF, but if they are a true ace, they should be able to master them all.

Comment

^^ Tell that to real life airforce pilots, "You can fly the F-15, why not fly an F-117?"

They are all different.

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan View Post
                  ... if they are a true ace, they should be able to master them all.
                  here's your answer. 100% chopper ace, vanilla, sf, eu, af. (trackball ftw I guess).

In all actuality, without planes to harass you in SF, and the lack of multiple armor/vehicles/mobile aa, choppering is mostly infantry killing. :hmm: But still it would be fun to record some video.
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

It's a fact that the choppers in SF, especially mi-34 are not even nearly as maneuverable as the ones in vanilla. Cobra is the the most agile one hands down.

Comment

Working...
                    X