X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Release] Portland Island for Battlefield 2

Originally posted by [AH1z]Predrag
    wrong lighting and to much fog, other then that its pretty good
    A few people have said that in a few other threads.

I tried to balance of the fog, so that it was possible for the planes/ helicopters to be able to fly in the map, but I didn't want it to be clear enough to make it that easy- I am an infantry player myself, and so did not like the idea of been constantly killed by choppers and planes- It is a city map after all.

We also got a few people on the server kindly provided by PTG a few nights ago- think it was 4 v 4 / 5 v 5, and I myself found it great fun!

Thanks for all the comments/ feedback, and for downloading the map- 300 downloads in 2 days has made me very happy!

Comment

this map looks p1mp!, im downloading it now!
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

lol give the usmc only a uncap! Another rigged map.

Comment

Originally posted by System
          What fog?
          Er, see all that crap floating in the air?

Comment

The map is AWESOME. I tried to join the server listed in the readme, but got the error, "Your version is newer than the server". The attention to detail is incredible. The map is VERY well laid out. I wish that EA would pick this map up and make it "RANKED". It is far better than Highway Tampa.

More people need to host this map (64 player version) as it is VERY good.

...and the map maker is only 16? KUDOS to you..you have a bright future in game mods if you choose.

Attention EA GAMES...pick up this map...make it RANKED.

Haze

Comment

This map looks awesome . I'll download it as well and try to get my clan to do the same. Hope there will be more servers to host this!

Nice work m8!

:salute::salute:

Chef, is it still running on your server? We have 60 players onboard so no problems to get it populated if I manage to convince my people. I'll post this thread to our site right away.

Comment

Originally posted by ACE_FIN1972 View Post
                Chef, is it still running on your server? We have 60 players onboard so no problems to get it populated if I manage to convince my people. I'll post this thread to our site right away.
                I believe it is, but am not 100% sure.

The map has had approximately 600 downloads so far (trying to keep a count of it, when people have set up thei own mirrors is hard ).

I guess it would be possible to have a playing night, try and get as many people as we get on- if it is ok with Chef. If I get enough people I was thinking maybe Sunday everning- I work Friday and Saturday- but it depends on how many people want to do it

Originally posted by WhardieJones View Post
                lol give the usmc only a uncap! Another rigged map.
                Yes, the USMC have only one uncap, but from their uncap the USMC have the choice of taken a minumum of 3 flags, completely separately, and also have the choice of boat, and air attacks- Its not easy to defend as MEC.

Comment

This map looks great! My only suggestion, get rid of the airplanes, urban areas and airplanes just don't go together.

It sucks that EA does not allow custom maps to be ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by System
                    What fog?

Nothing wrong with that view distance. You just want it like wake island so you TV someone the moment they take off. Then again, you can still prolly see them through that "fog" at full range with the TV missile too. Looks great the way it is.

If it were blue skies than all the smoking buildings wouldn't really make any sense would they?

Too bad EA doesn't take in consideration maps made by the public to go on ranked servers. I think that would be really cool and this would be one of the maps to make it through at first glance.
                    Rant more?
                    Portland Island wasn't that foggy if I remember correctly.

Great map though!

Comment

Server will be up until further notice We have no need to pull it down for at least 7 more days and even then i will try to fit all our servers in without lag or CPU crashes being an issue.

Comment

thats the problem with alot of mappers, try making a map just for fun, forget about how balanced it is and all that stuff

still very good job on the map but it would have been better if it was brighter

Comment

ahhhh sweeeet. thats so cool... my two favorite games coming together

Comment

I joined the [PTG] server last night around 7:00PM and it was empty

I will keep checking back this weekend....looking forward to some good firefights.

*from bf2player.com*

Time: 11:30:18 ago
                            Server: [PTG] GTA muthafu.......
                            Server IP: 85.236.100.10:16567
                            Map: Portland Island

Planes make it interesting.

Watch this video I shot while flying the USMC jet around the island.

HERE IS A COMPLETE TOUR OF THE ISLAND...from the CHOPPER!

Comment

downloading, sounds fun, whats it like for sniping ?

Comment

Working...
                              X