Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Aviator Badge

A couple questions regarding this badge;

1) I know its 10 min IAR, but does this mean you have to be the pilot or can you be the passenger in a 2-seater?

2) If you have the be the main pilot and you suck at flying (like me), but still want the badge...is there any map or scenario that might help attain said badge?

Thanks in advance for your well thought out, non judgemental answers!

Re: Basic Aviator Badge

I'd say find a map with alot of water, and try stay out of the enemy jets way if you want it.

My friend played Gulf of Omen(Very bad map to get it) but he just stayed out on the sea the whole time.

Comment

If you suck that bad just sit on the carrier in the F35 for 10 min if a digital image means that much to you.

Comment

Originally posted by LightBred
        If you suck that bad just sit on the carrier in the F35 for 10 min if a digital image means that much to you.

It means the whole world to me. Thank you for your non-judgemental answer.

Comment

Try a less populated server, you can fly around or whatever at least not worrying about being shot down, beats just sitting there.

Comment

Originally posted by LightBred
            Expect to be teamkilled if you do this...

Comment

Originally posted by Yaz888
              A couple questions regarding this badge;

1) I know its 10 min IAR, but does this mean you have to be the pilot or can you be the passenger in a 2-seater?

2) If you have the be the main pilot and you suck at flying (like me), but still want the badge...is there any map or scenario that might help attain said badge?

Thanks in advance for your well thought out, non judgemental answers!
              Hahaha, I remember having the most trouble getting the aviator ribbon. The badge shouldn't be difficult to get bud...

I'm not sure about the passenger seat being good for it, but I got my ribbon by being the gunner in the bomber, so there's a chance you could tag along for a ride and get it that way.

For the second part, well... just hop in and don't move. No need to fly since you just want the time, right? Stay put and hope for the best LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                Expect to be teamkilled if you do this...
                or kicked

Comment

I would recommend practicing in a jet on an unpopulated server at first. Just practice and get the feel of the jet. Mess around with the sensitivity options until you get it like you want it. You can get a joystick if you want, but I got my expert with mouse and keyboard, so I know it is easy to do.

After you get comfortable, join a ranked game that is sparsely populated and fly away. You will get your badges in no time.

(Here's the better news... You will actually be a good flyer... You will feel good about it.)

Good luck with your badge.

I found this also. This may help you.

Author = ||3RB||MOBB Stats:

http://bf2s.com/player/46267545/

This is just a general pointers for Fighter pilots NOT BOMBERS!!! so they can be more effective, everything below has a time and place, if you use the wrong tactic in the wrong place it will be the equivalent to using a screwdriver on a lug nut or a monkey wrench on a nail. Use your head when you fly and dont get mad, when people fly mad they fly like crap.also there will be a f35 specific section at the end of this pointer guide.

-ground aa has a range of 300 feet approx. so fly above this and you should be safe from it, compensate for elevation of ground aa.

-kill ground aa as a priority if it locks onto you, you dont want 2 or three of these shooting at you, make it brutally clear ground aa will not be tolerated. you can triangulate where the locks are coming from by just where you get locked on at. if you cant find a mobile aa, tail a freindly jet from quite a way back and pick off the ground when it lites up, people like to sit next to it until you fly by then shoot you in the but after you fly by, this is a very good way to find mobile aa. also you can just strafe the aa at the enemy flags, even if its empty. youll be surprised how many times you hit a guy hiding next to it.

-always fly medic. if you go out of bounds once youll understand why... Just do it...

-look behind you every 5 seconds at least, more if possible. also look behind you before you get a rearm, and look behind you just as you get done rearming, this alone will save your but more times than you can count.

-spot the enemy jet first. First spot = first kill, how do you spot him? Well, fly high, and sweep avenues of approach that he will be coming to and from his airfield, dont circle above it even at 800 feet, it's a common spot for more advanced pilots to sweep, tail your wingman or bomber from a higher altitude and far back, you should be doing this tail via mini map so you see where he is, if he gets a tail you should see it, worse case scenario if he gets shot down youll know you just have to nose down and hit after burner to get on him. also your attack helo is a juicy target, monitor it, better yet get them in your squad and tell them to spot the bugger, they should be happy to help you kill the sob.

-Ground aa has a much shorter tone time than a jet, learn to tell the difference in sound and many times you wont even have to look back to see whats shooting at you.

-if you get the enemy jet smoking and you lose sight of him, he will most likely be heading to his airfield for repairs... ambush him.

-use the nose cannon, use the nose cannon, use the nose cannon.

-practice getting nose cannon bullets into windows like the hut at intake on kubra damn. ive killed alot of infantry hiding in the building thinking they were safe.

-When flying a jet, always take out the other jets before taking out ground targets or helos. You will live alot longer if you do this.

- When patroling for other jets, fly high. I know it sounds simple but flying low will get you consitantly killed. Once you kill the enemy jet you know its going to be at least 20 seconds till he respawns, find either the other jet and kill it, if it is down kill the attack helo, if it is down then kill aa or armor in that order, lather rinse repeat and you will be a much better, and organized pilot.

-when you shoot down the other jet, at the time the enemy jet respawns be waiting over the carrier, mind you this isnt to spawn rape since the phalanx can shred your jet to pieces, but just to spot him, once he takes off, follow him until he is out of protective range of the phalanx (essex aa) then engage him. You will do a couple of things, #1 you will get in his head, he'll think you keep spotting him and taking him down first, #2 you will ensure your own survival. You want the other guy to give up mentally or be intimidated, I noticed people fly alot worse and more reckless when they are either angry or wreckless. Dont spawn rape the carrier, let him take off, let him think hes being outclassed, if you kill him on the carrier he'll have a reason to cry fowl, also this will work on any server even ones where uncap attacking is forbidden.

-Dont answer nasty comments while flying, youll undoubtably get locked up and killed while your typing your rebuttle to whatever he's saying about you, get used to insults when you fly, as a matter of fact the cheat accusations and insults generally mean you've arrived as an aviator.

- Keep your flares between you and the enemy jet. alot of people will drop flares while pulling up, or drop flares then pull up, I have bad news for you if you do this, if I keep you in my bottom edge of my targeting circle I wont even lose a lock on you since your flares will fall down away from you while you start to pull up. You either want to be already pointed up when you drop them or pointed down, and try to fly back around through your own flares if you are in any other jet than the F35. If you dont have flares, try locking up a hostile helo or if you are chasing a jet in gun mode lock him up, he will most likely drop flares... giveing you a countermeasure also.

-Dont ever, never, never never chase the same jet as your wingman, Youll hit eachother and looking like fricken morons while the enemy pilot laughs his but off.

-dont ever never, never fire missles if enemy jet is chasing your wingman, youll more than likely hit your wingman. only fire if you know your angle is good and you wont his your wingman... better yet use your guns, and use your lock tone only to spook the enemy jet to break off.

-this meant to be used on easily rattled pilots, this works well on mouse and keyboard pilots also, you can tell by the squirlly way they fly, lock him up when he is in bombing runs at the last second and watch him panic and hit a tree, same holds true for rearms, when he goes to rearm, lock him up just before he gets to the runway, some times people cant resist the urge to fly straight and get those new bombs giving you a great opportunity, second they might pull away engaging you with a partial munition load, either way you win.

-use your bomb mode when sneaking up on a jet and gun him until he knows your there, when he starts to break then lock him up, its free dammage without a missle, exploit it!!!

-never use missles on attack helos, this prompts them to evade and raises the chance of you smacking into them. Use your guns IN BOMB MODE and aim for any part of the glass canopy, he will blow up before he can get a turn off.

-transport helos can be taken down with guns only every time if you come at them from behind and at a forty five degree angle. since they are moving forward it gives you more time to put more bullets in them, same for attack helos but they blow up so easy you dont need it. IF you need to use a missle on a transport helo to finish it off on your gun run, either fire it head on, from the rear or if he flys above 300 feet fly under the helo straight up and launch a couple of missles while gunning, be ready to break so the wreckage doesnt kill you, missles always hit black hawks and cobras when you fire them straight up into the under bellies. BAD news for helo pilots eh?

-DO NOT CUT YOUR THROTTLE!!! its a bad habit and can turn into a crutch, if you do this the enemy pilot might over shoot you once but he will circle around and be on you again in seconds, worse is the second time you do it he will use guns on you and kill you.

-F35 SPECIFIC SURVIVAL INFO

-cruising altitude should never be below 300 to 250 feet. you need that altitude to get to stratorun altitude in time. if you bomb look behind you first, then bomb at steep angles then imediatley pull back up to altitude to reduce your exposure time.

-rearming repairing:
                  when you your go in for a rearm repair, not only look behind you but dont fly straight and level and low, fly high and drop straight down to the carrier,look behind you then pull up to get the rearm, the second your done pull straight up and look behind you again, get to crusing altitude and continue sweeping, this reduces your exposure time at low altitude.

-what to do if you are damaged,
                  Dont rearm repair right aways, fly at at least 600 feet while your flares recharge first, when you get flares back then fly in for repairs, be paranoid for an amush at your airbase and do a high altitude sweep first before making a repair pass. airbase ambush is a common finishing tacic.

-F35 is a hit and run fighter, dont get into turning contests, if this happens start climing while turning or evading and strato run away to reengage. when you pounce on people you should be above them and use your guns first in bomb mode as not to alert them then when they start to evade lock them up. this way you do dammage every time regardles of missles.

-killing an experience j10 is a 2 part process:
                  Get it in your head that a good j10 pilot will not be killed most times on your first attack, what you want to do is set him up for a 2 part kill. First part is sneaking up on him in gun mode from high above him. use your guns!!! shoot him when he levels out for longer than a second, try to make every bulllet hit with out missing, the way hell know hes being hit is if a tracer flys by his canopy, so dont miss right? when he evades lock him up, you might get lucky and hit him with a missle but lets plan for the worst. lets say it misses and by this point he should be smoking, that was your goal, you just want to get him smoking. pull up and get to altitude and strato run away , now hes damaged and you know hes going to be either looking for you, or repairing, do a high altitude sweep over his airfield, then drop down to where you can barely see the ground, then pull up another 50 feet, now you shoud be able to spot him as he goes in for a rearm repair, pounce on him again with guns and that should be the end of him. If the airfield becomes too hot or you do it too many times, you will have to reengage him in the air for the second pass, try to do it in a timely manner to be able to catch him with his flares spent.

-MUST fly medic. No if ands or buts, essential part of survival in this jet.

-Save at least 80 percent of your after burner at all times, you need this to stratorun away from missles if you get locked up.

-THe following is known as a stratorun:
                  You can out run missles in the F35. To do so you will need to be at 800 feet to 850 feet tapping your after burner in short bursts while staying in bounds or close enough in bounds to be able to get back into the map. Number one, always fly medic. this lets you heal your self giving you precious seconds to get back in bounds. first of all you need to fly relatively high at all times, at least 350 to 400 feet high, this alows you to nose up and get to altitude, ideally once you reach 700 feet and you start tapping the after burner the missle will start to fall behind, at 800, 850 the missle will fall away substantially. This is very important!!! dont look behind you when you get past 500 feet, you dont have too, just start tapping your after burner, and focus on staying at 800 to 850, if you look behind you you will go to high or too low and die. while getting to altitude you want to stall his lock on you if possible while climbing to your altitude, once at 700 start afterburning to get away from him, remember to tap the after burner so you dont burn it all up too fast. also remember, save much of yoru after burner for this maneuver, it is the only thing that will always save you each and every time. Try to save your flares for when youare already going upwards, dont break upwards while droping flares or he might not even break lock on you, try to be flying in loops while gaining alttitude like a split s works pretty good but change it upso you dont get predictable, at the change of direction in your split s is a good time to drop flares since youare pointed upwardes, if he didnt get a lock on you and your at 700 feet, punch it, you should start hauling @s$ in that f35 if the tone is still there after 3 seconds drop your flares the missles should drop off, and the enemy jet should be long gone, if you dont have flares you will need to maintain that insane speed at 800 850 for approximately 4 to 8 seconds, it feels like an eternity but it beats dying right? now that you lost the enemy jet and shook his missles drop back down and fight right? WRONG!!! you dont have flares back yet buddy, wait until your flares recharge, until then fly around 600 feet just to be safe in a corner of the map where no one goes until your flares recharge. I am more than happy to demonstrate this tommorow when I will be playing, I WILL warn you now though, practice in an empty server just flying at 800 and 850 feet just tapping your affter burner until your sound makes a wierd high pitch engine noise the wooosh of the jet will sound more like a weeeeeeesh!!!( p.s. i know i sound like a big homo) thats the sound you want since that is the ideal speed for dropping missles. once you get that down start practicing it, it will take one maybe two days to get it down but after that you will not look at the F35 the same way again.WARNING!!! dalian plant has a very low ceiling, do not fly over 800-820 or you will go out of control, try to out run missles on this map at around 800 and dont deviate, this is a great practice map, if you can out run missles on dalian plant, you can do it on all the maps. also when nosing up on dragon valley, try to find a patch of blue sky behind your altimeter, so you can you your altitude.

-if you zoom your map out while flying you can usually see the white lines around your field of vision, telling you which way your going so you know which way to turn to get back in bounds, when I say zoom out I mean the full screen map. also you can use your compass heading at the top of your hud in the jet but this is more difficult.

Once again this a guide for fighters, I am in my own mind, a horrible bomber pilot, i dont have the turning radiuses down, I find they are missle magnets and they are so sluggish to bank, my personal advice to you if you want to become a better fighter pilot is to stay out of the bombers all together if you plan to become a better fighter pilot it makes a big difference when you learning. also keep calm, dont let another pilot get you mad or frustrated, youll start getting sloppy, when the insults fly (and they will) dont get into it, if your evenly matched only taunt him to get him angry, or make him reckless, at most type in a lol when you shoot him down and get a flame kill. DOnt swear and keep it short if you do typesomething, I still advise you to keep your mouth shut while in the air, talk all the smack you want on the ground, but if your on the ground maybe you should focus more on shooting him down right?

http://bf2s.com/player/46267545/

Comment

to answer the OP's question

YES

"passenger" in a bomber/2 seater will work

the guy asked a simple question and got EVERYTHING BUT the answer

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Slinger View Post

YES

lol ^

I got mine on Dalian i think, just stuck near carrier!

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Slinger View Post

YES

I was thinking the exact same thing Gun Slinger! Why can't people just answer the damn question for a change? To the OP, it would be good for you to learn how to gun in a bomber so you're not dead weight to the pilot.

Comment

It got my Aviator badge/ribbon playing AF, Road Rage. Lots of ground targets and little worries from enemy jets. Just stay away from the AA. I'm not a very skill pilot so this was the best approach for me.

Comment

Used to suck so bad in the jets, so much so that the jets in singleplayer used to rape me.

Play singleplayer until you can successfully avoid the jets missles and have no problem finding and killing them. After that go find a Dalian Plant server and stick to the j-10 until you feel you can react fast and end up with a high KDR. After that play in Gulf of Oman for a fairer fight between the jets.

Once you reach a high level of skill, start hunting j-10's in F-35s.

Comment

hmm...good advice INS. Sadly all the helicopter and aviator badges are holding me back from my next rank(s). I am just too impatient to wait around for jets and heli's.

Comment

Working...
                              X