• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: caught another hacker

i love seeing people fail at cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty
      I dont see why EA does not take a 0% tolerance on anyone using a cheat and just hardware ban them. After all, they already got money from the idiot buying the game and wasting more on cheats.
      I wonder if they have done a cost analysis and found it is cheaper to have a small group of people resetting accounts, but to keep them playing on ranked servers because it keeps the BF2 population up and on ranked servers...generating them more money for ranked servers being rented. Instead of hardware banning people for it, thus killing of a fraction of the BF2 population that could help prop up the ranked program.

It would not surprise me if they are thinking with that logic. And it is also cheaper paying some guys $40,000 a year to just reset some account here and there, instead of going after hacker groups in litigation.

Comment

Doesn't that guy know that splies drop 2m to the north?

Also, unlikely that you could sue a hack company. I mean, go ahead: try to get justice in life.

Comment

I was thinking it could go into a class action, since there is no honor amongst theives.

Comment

You can bet for every new hack that comes out, there's someone for either EA or PB purchasing the new version to find a way around it. Just like steam/valve

Comment

Oh I don't doubt that. They just say they take it seriously, but I would love to know how serious they really take it. I think they take it as serious as Congress takes the American deficit.

Comment

mmmm...i was just playing and someone was accusing someone of cheating because they saw the dust fly after a shot. i defended this person because of the ****ty hitboxes + the horrible lag when you crouch in LMGs...i then find out that he was accusing me of cheating. i found it kind of funny since someone else sniped me right in front of him. :laugh:

Comment

EA will no longer HW ban a player, reason is that when a player gets HW banned by PB then it is effective to all games that have PB anti-cheat protection. Ok so you say no big deal, but to EA, Joe Hacker wont buy another NEW game if he is already banned from it before it hits the shelves. Crysis for example, if you got a HW ban from playing BF2, then you will not even be able to play Crysis because it is distributed by EA and protected by PB. So a HW ban on a player will essentially COST EA money down the road.

Comment

Ah, classic Chicken Before the Egg problem. Maybe EA should hire the RIAA to do the same racketeering lawsuits they use.

Comment

Working...
                    X