No announcement yet.

Whats the best way to check your FPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats the best way to check your FPS?

If you get 60 fps constant I highly suggest using the game or nvidia control panel to put BF2 on v-synch. This will remove the "tearing" effect you get when you turn quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by lt_dillweed View Post
      How can you raise you fps? has someone already said cause i think im misunderstanding
      better PC

the tips above are only to increase the Fps counter ingame as by default its capped at 100,

Comment

The better PC you have, the higher your fps will be

Comment

Originally posted by StuRat
          The human eye has a theoretical 'fps' of around 24, thats why most tv is 25 fps, any thing above 25 you will not notice.
          No it doesn't. Retinal cells fire continuously, meaning there is NO FRAME RATE FOR THE HUMAN EYE. The perception limit is equal to whatever monitor refresh rate you find indiscernable, for me, that's 80Hz.

BF2 runs optimally at around 75+fps, meaning you get smooth input and sound at that framerate. Any lower, and you get input lag, and audio lag.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike
            No it doesn't. Retinal cells fire continuously, meaning there is NO FRAME RATE FOR THE HUMAN EYE. The perception limit is equal to whatever monitor refresh rate you find indiscernable, for me, that's 80Hz.

BF2 runs optimally at around 75+fps, meaning you get smooth input and sound at that framerate. Any lower, and you get input lag, and audio lag.
            Exactly right. In fact some studies have shown that people can see differences in as much as 200 fps. The whole 24 fps thing came from cinema which is actually just a visual trick that fools your eye. Different people also have different sensitivities to what fps is comfortable. And in my experience the more games you play the more sensitive you are to it. Especially if it varies a lot in game.

In games you need a high fps in order to buffer the constant ups and downs in fps that are present. A drop from 100 to 60 fps isn't that noticible. Where as a drop from 60 to 20 fps is very noticible to most people.

Comment

Working...
            X