Armies not balanced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armies not balanced

I can understand that j-10 is more maneuverable than the f-35, but therefore the blackhawk is more powerful than the MEC and PLA transport choppers, so some balance still exists. Or the USMC rifles being more accurate, but then the MEC/PLA have stronger punch, so there is still some balance. However the insurgents and the rebels have an obvious disadvantage. Let's start with the old school RPG that has both short range and horrible accuracy. Then their uniforms/appearance, or better said lack of uniforms, that makes them more visible. For example half of the rebel soldiers are bald and very easy to spot/kill. Where is the balance there?

Re: Armies not balanced

The bald heads shine on the horizon? I shouldn't say that.. I could be the next bald guy in my family... but 2 of my uncles were already bald before my age..

Also notice the APCs? The LAV25 seems much much shorter than the PLA/MEC and easier to hit infantry in the head at closer ranges, also rate of fire is higher on the LAV.

Then there's the Tunguska, can't see much when driving it, if you're looking at the horizon, I crash into a lot of small objects driving that thing which puts me to a stop, or sometimes (rarely) driving off bridges. But I do like it more than the other MAAs.

Comment

It's effective against aircrafts but you can't see where the tracks are directed because of the turret.

Comment

Personally i like the PRG more than the eryx, and well i guess there is a slight imbalance on the part of textures but really its not that bad.

Comment

The rocket from an rpg is much faster, thus its easier to hit vehicles moving quickly across you. Thats something which is hard with the SRAW. I guess this kinda balances it

Comment

yea its kinda balanced but definitely not completely.

Comment

I prefer the RPG over any other rocket. Fast rocket, accurate if you've practiced judging trajectories and such, no warning signal.

Comment

and from my experinece..the rpg reloads faster?

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade
                  I can understand that j-10 is more maneuverable than the f-35, but therefore the blackhawk is more powerful than the MEC and PLA transport choppers, so some balance still exists. Or the USMC rifles being more accurate, but then the MEC/PLA have stronger punch, so there is still some balance. However the insurgents and the rebels have an obvious disadvantage. Let's start with the old school RPG that has both short range and horrible accuracy. Then their uniforms/appearance, or better said lack of uniforms, that makes them more visible. For example half of the rebel soldiers are bald and very easy to spot/kill. Where is the balance there?
                  Haha i suggest you go and play PR... On a map named Al Basrah the British team has 3 IFVs, one transport chopter, good weapons with scopes, binoculars, field dressings (mini health pack) and alot of other stuff. While the Insurgents team has AK 47's without scopes, no field dressing, no binoculars, no chopters only a couple suicide cars filled with explosives. But they spawn like every 10-20 min (so do British IFV's but they are far more useful). And its still fun as hell to play as insurgents

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmm

exsplosives + cars = helluva lot of fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                      and from my experinece..the rpg reloads faster?
                      Definitely. The RPG is better at closer ranges but the SRAW/Eryx are much better at long range. Very difficult to hit a helo with an RPG normally (not so tough in SP/co-op since the bots tend to fly straight and level).

Comment

If you mean MEC when you say rebel armies I disagree about the uniform part because MEC uniforms blend in 10x better than the desert camo of the USMC on most maps, only balanced uniform is sniper.

Comment

Originally posted by CQ-Reborn View Post
                          If you mean MEC when you say rebel armies I disagree about the uniform part because MEC uniforms blend in 10x better than the desert camo of the USMC on most maps, only balanced uniform is sniper.
                          No he means the rebels and insurgents in Special Forces. Its an expansion if you didn't know, Its an expansion for a game called Battlefield 2

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Freedom View Post
                            No he means the rebels and insurgents in Special Forces. Its an expansion if you didn't know, Its an expansion for a game called Battlefield 2
                            I know its Bf2 but I didn't know that he was talking SF, thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Haha i suggest you go and play PR... On a map named Al Basrah the British team has 3 IFVs, one transport chopter, good weapons with scopes, binoculars, field dressings (mini health pack) and alot of other stuff. While the Insurgents team has AK 47's without scopes, no field dressing, no binoculars, no chopters only a couple suicide cars filled with explosives. But they spawn like every 10-20 min (so do British IFV's but they are far more useful). And its still fun as hell to play as insurgents

Yet the insurgents mostly win everytime in my experience.
                              That map is more than just a map, IMO, its a political statement as well or an observation on current events in Iraq.

Its a reflection of what is going on today; with teamwork that map is absolutly genious.

Comment

Working...
                              X