The lag just wont go...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The lag just wont go...

I checked for you, according to tech specs, you should have one PCIeX16 slot and one PCIex1 slot. The x16 slot would be the logical choice for a graphic card.

Buy HP Radeon X1300PRO 256MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Low Profile Video Card AG392AA - GPUs / Video Graphics Cards with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

This might be a better deal:

Buy PNY GeForce 8400 GS 256MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Low Profile Video Card VCG8400SXPB with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Looks like the 8400GS is cheaper & it is DX10 and probably at least as fast as the X1300.

Why are you so hung up on Amazon.com? You can try checking, but Amazon has become more of a "marketplace", a little like ebay, so you never know what they have. Newegg.com is a reputable store, in case you were worried. I have done business with them many time and their service is fantastic. Fast shipping, too. There is also http://www.zipzoomfly.com. They can be cheaper, but a little harder to find stuff on there.

Comment

Theres nothing wrong with Newegg, so is the cheaper one gonna be as good as the Radeon?

Comment

:? do u think? and this will significantly increase me FPS?

Comment

Sorry, was gone for the weekend. I'd get the 8400GS. I have no experience with it, but looking at the specs it should be at least as fast as the Radeon, probably faster. Also, it is a DX10 card, in case you ever get Vista. It should increase your fps dramatically. The 8400GS should be able to handle all medium setting easily: it is said to be at least twice as fast as the 6200, and your card is slower than the 6200. Also, it will have its own video memory, which should be a plus. I'd give it a shot, definitely.

Buy PNY GeForce 8400 GS 256MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Low Profile Video Card VCG8400SXPB with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

I have it bookmarked, ordering it as soon as i can. now i can make double the carnage online!

Comment

just remember u get wat u pay for....and i would invest slightly more over an 8400

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                just remember u get wat u pay for....and i would invest slightly more over an 8400
                He can't. Remember, low profile case. 8400 is the "largest" card that will fit. He should experience a fairly significant improvement over his 6150LE.

Originally posted by lt_dillweed View Post
                I have it bookmarked, ordering it as soon as i can. now i can make double the carnage online!
                Good luck with it. I am sure it will work out for you. I know the 8400 is not a top notch card, but it is miles ahead of what you have now. Should be even more than double the carnage

Comment

Working...
                X