Is there any Teamwork out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is there any Teamwork out there?

well my favorite is vehicle mapps, IO mapps are fun & your right more teamwork right now, but seems its karkand nade fest & well i donno itjust gets old to me.

I have PR, i just cant seem to get used to it, i understnd it, i know about spawning & how to get ammo &heal, its just freakin hard to me for some reason, seems unless theyrun out in my face i cant find a enemy, but i guess fact i have less than couple hours of trying isnt helpin, i do hate walkin forever to die.

thanks

Comment

Karky IO maps. Its where the last remaining elements of teamwork can be found!

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
        Karky IO maps. Its where the last remaining elements of teamwork can be found!
        Somehow I don't think that synchronous grenade throwing is what he means by teamwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman View Post
          Somehow I don't think that synchronous grenade throwing is what he means by teamwork.

I was on the other day, & BOOM BOOM BOOM, LOL was some fun, but i used to go in & hear PEK PEK PEK PEK, LOL hope i spelled that rite.

i have never admin'd or served a server i have no idea , but is there a settin for "no Nades" or no explosives that couldnt be done for IO mapps?

but what da heck do i care i really like vehicle mapps even though i get spawn raped till i get sore sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe0171 View Post
            I have PR, i just cant seem to get used to it, i understnd it, i know about spawning & how to get ammo &heal, its just freakin hard to me for some reason, seems unless theyrun out in my face i cant find a enemy, but i guess fact i have less than couple hours of trying isnt helpin, i do hate walkin forever to die.

thanks
            Just get a mic, read the guide, join a squad, folow the SL, dont be a smacktard and have fun

Name a squad TEAMWORK, that usually helps

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
              Just get a mic, read the guide, join a squad, folow the SL, dont be a smacktard and have fun

Name a squad TEAMWORK, that usually helps
              rgr, got a mic but nobody talkin, and allways joined a squad, & i have read the entire manual, guess i just need to figure it out.
              thx

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r View Post
                I have only ever seen consistent and natural FPS teamwork between complete strangers online in 2 maybe 3 games - Plan of Attack mod for Source, Project Reality for BF2 and not many more ...
                Problem I think is that people find Project Reality too challenging...

You know what $kelet0r.....I've been saying the same thing for ages now!!! EA had this crazy idea that teamwork in a FPS is widely used. They pretty much based a games mechanics and gameplay around a formula that is not widely accepted.

I constantly wonder why people expect consistant teamwork in BF2 when its never been a core factor in any FPS.

Then again I cant blame anyone but Dice. In their own little universe, online gamers all get along and interact like one big happy family.

Comment

I have found great teamwork in the (#insomnia 24/7 Sharqi Penn) server or (FUB 24/7 Karkand I/O), (Teamplay 24/7 Gulf of Oman) or (Robert Reeds house of AIDS 24/7 Jalalabad)
                  Good luck and have fun.:ar15:

Comment

of course there is teamwork ou8t there.

this isnt my BEST round of teamwork but man it has some good moments.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Lot of good suggestions here. I'll throw out another. If PR isn't to your liking then come join us over at Tactical Gamer for some PoE2 games. TG is all about teamwork and tactics and PoE2 is similar to vanilla but better and there is lots of heavy vehicle maps. TG isn't a clan but a community of like minded gamers so if you can only play a small amount a week it doesn't matter because the server environment is always the same level of quality. Also its easy to find teamwork in one squad but imo you haven't really fully played what bf2 can deliver until you see several full squads using teamwork on both sides butting heads on the battlefield...not to mention a CO who will organize everything...impossible to achieve on 99% of the pubs out there but we do make it happen over at TG. /end salespitch

Here is the intro for poe2 in case you are unfamiliar:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                        Lot of good suggestions here. I'll throw out another. If PR isn't to your liking then come join us over at Tactical Gamer for some PoE2 games. TG is all about teamwork and tactics and PoE2 is similar to vanilla but better and there is lots of heavy vehicle maps. TG isn't a clan but a community of like minded gamers so if you can only play a small amount a week it doesn't matter because the server environment is always the same level of quality. Also its easy to find teamwork in one squad but imo you haven't really fully played what bf2 can deliver until you see several full squads using teamwork on both sides butting heads on the battlefield...not to mention a CO who will organize everything...impossible to achieve on 99% of the pubs out there but we do make it happen over at TG. /end salespitch

Here is the intro for poe2 in case you are unfamiliar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAD6PMGQvPs
                        cool video, i was watching some others related, & i like the arty video of spotter & corridance. very nice, any good download sites?

Comment

it's tough not being in a clan, but i don't want to join one AT ALL.
                          i usually change squads a few times in a game to find one that sticks together(other than at the beginning at kark when it's a free for all). unfortunately when i find one i get kicked so they can lock their squad of 3....that really bugs me when my rank is higher than them.

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe0171
                            cool video, i was watching some others related, & i like the arty video of spotter & corridance. very nice, any good download sites?
                            Download links: http://www.pointofexistence.com/poe2full.php

Manual if you want to learn more about the mod before jumping in: http://www.pointofexistence.com/fpn/html/

Or some official videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/poeops

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman View Post
                              Grenades are an integral part of teamwork. They help clear out spawn points before capping them.

Anyway, a good squad can easily defeat a nade spammer. When capping a flag, you always keep 2 men away from the flag, one of which is the squad leader. They patrol around the edge of the base looking for such people.

Oh, and VOIP i feel is also important in squadwork.

Comment

I once joined a squad leader that had a mic on Karkand and I had one too. He asked me if I had a mic, I said yes. Yeah, that was the end of the conversation, neither of us talked throughout the whole round...

Comment

Working...
                                X