New Graphics Card not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Graphics Card not working

Hi all. I've bought a new graphics card, the 9550 ATI Radeon (256 MB) which I believe is on the supported list by BF2. The game starts and I can load the map, but when I "join" a game the pre-join squad appears and locks up. I then have to restart the computer and I can't play.

Is this a driver issue or what?

Any help is appreciated.

Re: New Graphics Card not working

Are you using the driver that came with your card..?

Updating never hurts though.. Try it..

But i believe you need to delete the map Battlefield 2 located in my documents, since you stored the settings there from your old card..

Deleting this map forces your system to re-optimize the shaders and other parts..

Comment

Originally posted by (NL)Link View Post
      Are you using the driver that came with your card..?

Updating never hurts though.. Try it..

But i believe you need to delete the map Battlefield 2 located in my documents, since you stored the settings there from your old card..

Deleting this map forces your system to re-optimize the shaders and other parts..
      Yes of course, otherwise the Icons would be as big as my head, and battlefield 2 wouldn't even launch.

Thanks I'll try that.

Wait a minute, I just looked in my documents and found a Battlefield 2 file. Is this what I should delete?

Comment

Ehh.. Not only one file.. just the whole map BF 2 in my documents..

Booting BF without this map forces BF to boot like the first time..

Note: You need to put all your settings back in (controlls and stuff) , but that won't be a problem i think...

Comment

this could be way off, but does everyting else in the background freeze, or is it like just ur mouse and keyboard?

if tahts teh case, then all u ahve to do is reset ur controls to default

Comment

Out of curiosity what are the rest of the specs on your comp.

Comment

1.8 GHZ pentium 4

512 RAM

128 MB Nvidia Geforce 5600

Note that the game works if I put my old card back in, but the 9550 is doublw (256 RAM) and is compatible with BF2 so I'm trying to use it instead.

The whole game freezes when the trees, ground, and buildings show up. And I can't see any units or hear any sound, but I will try out what NLink said.

Comment

Originally posted by hamzehtarek View Post
                1.8 GHZ pentium 4

512 RAM

128 MB Nvidia Geforce 5600

Note that the game works if I put my old card back in, but the 9550 is doublw (256 RAM) and is compatible with BF2 so I'm trying to use it instead.

The whole game freezes when the trees, ground, and buildings show up. And I can't see any units or hear any sound, but I will try out what NLink said.
                512 of ram is probably alot of your problem, but i thinkn that card isnt good enough to run bf2 the one in your first post 9550 one but i could be wrong, go to this site, hit pick bf2 in the dropdown box & hit "can i run it ' button, read over the pass & if any fails see what it says, & also look at the recomendations.
                Check your system requirements. Can I Run it? Test your specs and rate your gamimg PC.

Comment

Hooray, actually both graphics cards fail the test, even though the Geforce 5600 ran it for a while. However now it isn't even launching BF2! It's time for a foray into the dark world of computer hardware...Futureshop!

BTW the rest of my computer specs are okay.

Comment

Originally posted by hamzehtarek View Post
                    Hooray, actually both graphics cards fail the test, even though the Geforce 5600 ran it for a while. However now it isn't even launching BF2! It's time for a foray into the dark world of computer hardware...Futureshop!

BTW the rest of my computer specs are okay.
                    yeah that site is killer for good info , IMO ya need minimum 1meg of ram but really 2 for it to run good, good graphics card thread info on here for to look see what alot of peep recommend.

Comment

Its a hardware problem. if you are running a 256mb or higher video card. Its crashing because the video card is not getting a enufe power. so if you are running a 300watts you need to get a bigger power supply. i got a new one 500watt sli and it fix the blue screen of death

Comment

Working...
                      X