Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which map-mode actually shows you empty vehicles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which map-mode actually shows you empty vehicles?

There are a few ways to look at the map you are playing:

-Pressing CAPSLOCK opens the squad screen with the right side showing the map
    -Pressing 'M' brings up the map
    -Pressing 'ENTER' (default I think?) brings up the spawn screen which also shows the map.

The thing I can't figure out is which one of these screens is supposed to show you that little white icon on the map that represents an empty vehicle. Sometimes I see them sometimes I don't.

A lot of times I'll be at a flag and I'll hit M and see that a white icon representing a vehicle is near my position. Or sometimes it even shows on the minimap (radar top right corner). But sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the spawn screen even gives you those icons to show where the vehicles are.
    Can anyone clarify this?

Re: Which map-mode actually shows you empty vehicles?

Empty vehicles show up on all maps, they are grayed out little pictures of the vehicle. The white dots are where you spawn, I think you have the two confused?

Comment

Originally posted by Marksman_M95 View Post
      Empty vehicles show up on all maps, they are grayed out little pictures of the vehicle. The white dots are where you spawn, I think you have the two confused?
      No, first of all I'm not talking about the white dots, I'm talking about those little grey/white pictures of the vehicle. They don't always show up on all maps. I've hit the spawnscreen button once and saw an empty heli icon, then immediately pressed 'M' button afterwards (for regular map) and this map did show that icon, even though the heli was still unoccupied.

You can only see vehicles that are 'x' meters from you.
      Can you clarify? Do you mean on all 3 maps, the little icons won't show unless you are within a certain distance of it. I've actually hit the spawn screen button once when I was dead, and saw a heli icon on the other side of the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
        You can only see vehicles that are 'x' meters from you.
        Not true, you can see all the empty vehicles on the big map, and all the manned ones that belong to your team.

Comment

pressing caps lock shows everything. pressing enter just shows your teams' locations, and 'M' is the same view as enter. i check before most spawns just to make sure we havent got a tank not being put to use, as on some maps this can put you in a very bad position

Comment

I think you have to zoom in on the map to see empty vehicles

Comment

My experiences have no proof, thus should be considered a theory and not fact:

- Large unmanned vehicles don't show up on your full map if they belong to an enemy's flag.

- You can see the enemy's un-manned vehicles if you're within a certain distance of the vehicle.

- Transports show up earlier (longer distance) than large unmanned vehicles.

- Very small transports (Jet Skis/ATV's) seem to have trouble showing up on the screen after re-spawning.

Comment

You can see any of them that are on your mini map but you have to press N a few times to zoom in , you can also press M to bring up your map and then press N to zoom in too.

With the mini map one you can only see ones that are pretty close as the map zooms in pretty close when you hit N.but the best thing about the mini map one is you can leave it zoomed in the whole game and see where they all are, but the full map you have to keep pressing iteverytime you want a car.

Comment

It is the spawn screen button you need, you should see all empty vehicles greyed out.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEHUNT-UK View Post
                    It is the spawn screen button you need, you should see all empty vehicles greyed out.
                    Not every time. On large maps, like Highway Tampa for instance, you cannot see any vehicles that have respawned at your main base if you happen to be, or just killed, at a flag thats further away. You simply have to take your chances and spawn back at the main base to find out.

I believe the "cannot see vehicles beyond 'x' " theory applies somehow, but I'm not sure exactly what 'x' is.

Comment

lol i havent played vehicles in sooo long i cant remeber!! lol xD

Comment

On the minimap, empty vehicles won't show up if you're zoomed in.

And on the main map, whether empty vehicles show up or not depends on how far you are from them.

Comment

- Large unmanned vehicles don't show up on your full map if they belong to an enemy's flag.
                          What qualifies as a large unmanned vehicle? Also, by "full map", do you mean the map that comes up when you press 'M'?

- You can see the enemy's un-manned vehicles if you're within a certain distance of the vehicle.
                          On your minimap or all?

Comment

You have to be in the vicinity of a vehicle before it will show on your map as an empty grey icon. If inside this area all empty vehicles will show up on your map. You can't see all empty vehicles on a large map because you aren't anywhere near them.

Comment

Working...
                            X