Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Don't mean to start a flame war but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't mean to start a flame war but...

Is it just me or does BF2142 blow? I mean, I LOVE BF2. I play this game more than any other game and it always feels "new" because I play on different servers with different people, even if its the same map. And, well, I'm pretty f'ing good at it. I'm almost always first or second on the server.

I bought 2142 way back when it came out and played for a month or two before quitting. I recently started back up again and just find that I get so frustrated with that game. It annoys the hell out of me how difficult it is to kill people with anything short of a headshot. I also hate how much the support guns suck; they're so inaccurate. I unloaded on a guy some 5 feet in front of me with the upgraded support gun for 7 seconds straight and he kills me in two shots with some assault rifle.

Anyhow, I know it's been out for a while but I just wanted to revisit how disgusted I am with 2142.

Anyone else feel the same?

Re: I Don't mean to start a flame war but...

It doesn't suck, in fact a lot of the ideas behind it are better.

Thing is, you either love or hate the future setting. That's why i feel it's unfair to brand it a rubbish game just because you don't like the genre.

Comment

It boils down to whether or not you're a vehicles guy or an infantry guy... 2142 easily beats BF2 in the infantry department, but BF2 has more vehicles.

I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the time periods. It's still the same game.

Originally posted by PP133 View Post
      It annoys the hell out of me how difficult it is to kill people with anything short of a headshot. I also hate how much the support guns suck; they're so inaccurate. I unloaded on a guy some 5 feet in front of me with the upgraded support gun for 7 seconds straight and he kills me in two shots with some assault rifle.
      You've got it backwards, most people would say that's BF2. 2142 is much more accurate

Comment

i dont mean to start a flame war but...
        :locked::locked::locked::locked::locked::locked:

^^^^ i can see the future

bck on topic, alex is right, we all have different opinions

Comment

Umm I think you are on the wrong forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa View Post
            Umm I think you are on the wrong forum.
            me or teh guy who started the thread?

Comment

i've played bf2 since pretty much it came out, went to 2142 when it did.

i still prefer 2142 over bf2 in terms of solid gameplay. but, i prefer infantry based maps/games, just my opinion. i've now returned to bf2 a little for some IO just for a change of pace again. its a similar game but ya really gotta get used to the odds and ends.

you'll find a pretty split line between those who like it more or like it less. bf2 is still much more popular though!

Comment

i agree with alex. im not mcuh into the future setting games except for starcraft and natural selection. i think i dont like it cuz it didnt catch my attention when i first played the demo and BF2demo was just so addicting i had toget the game.

also, something seems to be missing from 2142.

and if u go to the totalbf2142 forums, im sure alot of htem prefer it over bf2..hence why theyre at the totalbf2142 forum

Comment

2142 seems to be full of retard 12yr olds, (not that bf2 is not).

As a game i dont enjoy 2142, i just find it...meh...seen it done it boring, new revolutionary new features all small stuff that they were to lazy to put in bf2, and its one fugly game.

Comment

i personally prefer BF2 over 2142, soley because i dislike futuristic settings, in any game, be it FPS, RTS, RPG etc. it just bores me. BF2 is a good setting (Modern now) =P

and well i just cant get enough of it, but yeah you have to realise alot of people will have differnt opinions. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by steppenwolf428 View Post
                      me or teh guy who started the thread?
                      No your post was spot on it was the other guy.

Comment

BF2142 is a hunk of wasted potential and a crapload of misleading marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by Anni-kin View Post
                          i personally prefer BF2 over 2142, soley because i dislike futuristic settings
                          I was willing to put up with futuristic settings if it were to be backed by a good story line unlike 2142.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
                            I was willing to put up with futuristic settings if it were to be backed by a good story line unlike 2142.
                            "as a devestating ice age depletes Earth's resource..."

hahaha

"...s two coalitions wage a desperate war for the only cause that matters - survival."

i made a bet with myself that i could type the storyline of BF2142 without laughing...i lost

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
                              As if BF2's is believable lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X