Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which video card is better for BF2?

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade View Post
    It was a Radeon X800XL and Nvidia 6800XT, both with 256MB, both same price$60. So which one should I get?
    i think you should get the ATI...although having said that the drivers are really hard to update, so maybe Nvidia is better choice.

thats just me.

Comment

It was a Radeon X800XL and Nvidia 6800XT, both with 256MB, both same price$60. So which one should I get?
      Get the 6800. I had one for 2 years before getting an 8800GTS. Both cards are BFG. I love BFG!

Nvidia FTW!

Comment

What's BFG?

Comment

get the nvidia. I have used to have a radeon, swapped for an nvidia and never looked back. You get better drivers.

Comment

BFG is just a company that sells nvidia cards. the only difference is that they mite add their own bios which sets the clock speeds. like my card from BFG is OCed a bit, so the bios is different. the coolers/fans are different and the customer service is differnet. but generally, there is no differnece bettwen the companies except for customer service and their customer service is pretty good.

Comment

Gen. Vlade,

Buy the 6800XT, you wont have any regrets.

Comment

I've had two ATI cards in a row and I will not get a third one. I had nothing but trouble with the last two. The drivers never seem to work right. When I was using nvidia I rarely had any significant problems. It seems like I have the worst time trying to get the ATI cards to work properly. And I don't know if Nvidia's drivers are easier to install or not but the ATI drivers are always a pain to install.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, I decided to get the nvidia 6800.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, I decided to get the nvidia 6800.
                    yeah, i think both were good choices, especially for that low price :O

let us know how you find it! =)

Comment

i had an X800XL when I dove into the BF2 gaming. It was a good card, my friend had a 6800GS, and I was always outdoing him. But honestly I'd go with the 6800 because of ATIs current driver support issues. Honestly teaming ati and amd was a big mistake for both companies. Now their processors can't even keep up. I used to be a huge ATI and AMD fanboy, now I use an intel and an nvidia.

Comment

Working...
                      X