Which video card is better for BF2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which video card is better for BF2?

...Ati Radeon X800 or Nvidia 6800XT? I was offered the choice between the 2 for cheap. I used to have X800 but it fried, I haven't been able to play for few days. I was lucky to find an old GeForce 2 in my scrap yard and install it so I can at least use my PC.
    I'd like to get something better than the above listed 2 but I only have 4X AGP slot and those 2 can still work. So which one guys?

Re: Which video card is better for BF2?

i think the 6800xt is better. depends on wat type of x800 tho. theres a ton of them and x800xt pe is the best i think (its alot better than the 6800ultra)

but in all, theyre pretty close.

check out this site

and when i was going to buy a video card, the x800 was better than 6800 in some games and the 6800 was better than the x800 in other games..

Comment

I'd say x800 since 6800XT is a very cut down version of 6800 series

Comment

Well i have a standard 6800, great card.

Comment

Just gonna throw this out there (hopefully without starting an ATI/NVIDIA fanboy war)...

NVIDIA tends to have better driver support w/ more frequent official releases for bug fixes. With older cards it might not matter much, but I tend to stick to NVIDIA myself.

Comment

i prefer nVidia cards - but atm i have an ATI and it works great =)

Comment

also, im not sure if u can do this with an 6800xt card, but with a 6800 card u can unlock pipelines to make it into a nice 6800gt which is prob the best of the 6800 series. (i think if u have a 6800gt running at 6800ultra speeds, the 6800gt is faster)

Comment

What's he difference between 6800gt and 6800xt?

Comment

X800XT, hands down for AGP. I have the PCIe version on my Intel P4 550 system, and it runs BF2 as well as any but the best cards... You'll have a hard time finding better that are still AGP.

Comment

for me...Nvidia is the way to go..always had a nvidia card and they work wonders

Comment

Originally posted by SunTsoo
                      X800XT, hands down for AGP. I have the PCIe version on my Intel P4 550 system, and it runs BF2 as well as any but the best cards... You'll have a hard time finding better that are still AGP.
                      That information is irrelevant to the question. Just because you have the PCIE version of the card does not mean he will get the same performance on the AGP card, not to mention his AGP is 4x, not 8x bandwidth.

In any case I have a 9600 pro series ATI AGP card and a 7800 OC BFG AGP card as well and I really don't have any use for them... Well, I have the BFG card in my old P4 right now but I could take it out and install the other one, point is I could sell you one or the other probably. Then again, I'd imagine the 7800 would be bottlenecking a 4x AGP slot and not too sure about a 9600 series...

Comment

The 6800 series of Nvidia cards has shade modifier 3.0. SM3.0 is used for newer types of technology such as HDR in HL2, and Bioshock.

The ATI series doesn't have it until the X1300 model.

Comment

^^ true dat

the XT is a bit slimmer than the GT. the GT has 2x the pixel pipelines and the core clock for hte GT is about 50mhz faster.
                          and it all depends on wat type of x800 u get. theres like x800gto x800xt x800pe x800 pro..and it goes on

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                            ^^ true dat

the XT is a bit slimmer than the GT. the GT has 2x the pixel pipelines and the core clock for hte GT is about 50mhz faster.
                            and it all depends on wat type of x800 u get. theres like x800gto x800xt x800pe x800 pro..and it goes on
                            Yeah the only X8xx model I can recommend if someone wanted one is the X850XT Platinum. It's got a lot of power for an older card.

I went from an X800XL to a 7800GS OC'd.

Comment

It was a Radeon X800XL and Nvidia 6800XT, both with 256MB, both same price$60. So which one should I get?

Comment

Working...
                              X